Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the Premier League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, Rugby AU, MLB, NBA, NFL, NBA, NHL, AFL, NRL, and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
We want people who are passionate about sports, sales and want to win
The Senior Business Development Manager role will be based in Japan and will be responsible for driving significant growth and developing new relationships within the region.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President Commercial APAC. This will be a remote-based position with responsibilities across multiple sports across the country.
- Meet/Exceed all revenue targets
- Manage, develop and execute territory and account plans focusing on Elite sport.
- Creates, develops and maintains working relationship with multiple account personas
- Manage CRM in accordance with Sales processes
- Produce accurate revenue forecasts
- Develop proposals and negotiate with stakeholders
- Identify revenue blockers and communicate them substantively to Leadership
- Clearly articulate the product and company value proposition
- Understand the competitive landscape and how we win vs key competitors
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally
- Prospect new logos (teams, leagues, etc.); retain current contracts and upsell products to existing accounts
- Present and demonstrate Catapult’s products and services to customers and prospects as part of the sales process.
- Maintain adequate pipeline in order to consistently retire quota
- Manage, collaborate and communicate with referral partners/distributors
- Work closely with cross functional teams in Customer Success, product support, logistics, finance and legal departments within Catapult
- Personally represent the Catapult brand in public forums, conferences, trade show and events.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5-8 years of business development and direct sports industry enterprise sales experience. Bachelor’s degree desired. Candidates should be able to demonstrate prior experience working in marquee, large or strategic accounts. With a preference of experience in high performance technology sales.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and win
- Experience with design and implementation of a business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Proficient in English written and spoken.
- Proficient in Japanese written and spoken.
- Experience in Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the local sporting structure in Japan including Football, Baseball, Rugby and Basketball.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.