Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
We’re committed to offering all of our resources to learners for free. Historically, those offerings have been funded largely by philanthropists, but going forward, we’re also interested in funding products and services through partnerships with corporations. As Senior Business Development Manager, you’ll drive all business development for learner-facing products and services funded by corporations, e.g., test prep funded by test makers.
- Identifying and building a pipeline of prospective partners for major initiatives. Proactively reaching out and developing meaningful relationships with prospective partners, understanding their motivations and pain points, and crafting customized pitches that get them excited about working with us.
- Alongside our sustainability team, managing the deal cycle through negotiation and contract signing.
- Developing pricing strategy for products and services funded by corporations.
- Generating interest for our products and services among potential partners by attending conferences, commissioning marketing materials and product demos, etc.
- Developing ideas for additional products/services partners that would meet partners’ needs and that they would want to fund.
- Representing the perspectives and needs of current and prospective partners to the product team during product development.
- Proven track record of success for 5+ years in a business development or sales role. Experience at a consumer-facing technology company is a major plus.
- A passion for Khan Academy’s mission of a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere and a desire to use business development to keep KA free to learners.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action.
- Impeccable writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, influence, and build trusting relationships with others.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Computer skills: fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets, able to run basic analyses like pivot tables in Excel
- The ability to work full time from our offices in Mountain View, CA.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- 401(k) + 4% matching
- Comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume, let us know what you’re looking for in your next role, and respond to the following prompt (any format you’d like, no more than 1 page).
Based on your knowledge of Khan Academy, name 3 products or services you think corporations would want to fund. Share a high-level framework you’d use to evaluate these products/services and the viability of funding them through partnerships with corporations. For 1 of the products/services, briefly describe the major types of investments we’d need to make before we could bring it to market, and describe the type of customer/partner who would be interested in buying/funding it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.