Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
Our business development function ensures our business is growing and includes anything that isn’t technical or product, e.g. sales, bank relationships and operations. Every business development person is expected to sell customers and affect our growth trajectory in a meaningful way. Our BD team is also responsible for relationships with banks throughout Southeast Asia, which typically means working with them to build innovative products that have never existed before we arrived. Finally, BD also manages a lean team of operations to ensure our systems function to SLAs and customers are supported as they grow.
We're looking for an experienced professional who already has a network into the Big 4 banks that can get us access to the newest products within 6 months. More than that, we want a general athlete - we want to trust you to take on our most important problems and with few resources, drive measurable change. We also expect you to be able to coach a young business development team to make yourself redundant.
- Build relationships with Big 4 banks and other partners to get us early access to products before competitors
- Have a strong enough network into the Big 4 banks to get us early access to payments products within 3 months
- Products that we want:
- Host-to-host virtual accounts at all major banks
- Autodebit from Big 4 banks and international banks
- Cash payments at convenience stores, postal or agent networks
- Cash payouts at convenience points, postal or agent networks
- Materially affect growth trajectory by building an ‘A team'
- Coach existing team
- Inherit small, junior team and coach them to become A players, i.e. excellent individual contributors, contribute beyond their work and have potential to lead as our organisation grows
- Build performance management framework: scorecards, 1-on-1s
- Fire team members who cannot become A players
- Execute team culture within a “team of teams” framework
- Set up and execute hiring until we have the right A team
- Source 5 A players that can pass CEO’s screen
- Hire until your role becomes redundant, i.e. if you disappear, they can continue operating at the same quality and speed
- Build framework for hiring: scorecards, interview questions
- Be trusted to jump into Xendit’s most pressing issues and be able to fix within 3 months
- For example, double our sales within 6 months by professionalising our sales:
- Set up the right incentive structures
- Recruit the right people
- Motivate and empower them with the right tools and process
You may be a good fit if
- You have managed teams that have produced mission critical products
- You’re willing to work harder than most and humble enough to learn from people much younger than you
- Have at least 3 years of top tier business experience with proven management wins at a top tier consulting, banking, private equity fund, or fast growing startup
- You thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in payments or banking, especially if you understand how core banking systems are run