Do you want to join a fast-growing, profitable company that has moved beyond start-up to become a recognized leader in our space? Wodify is on the cutting edge of gym management software with products empowering gyms, members, and coaches around the globe. Connecting the world to the future of fitness is the vision pushing us to cultivate beautiful yet simple software experiences with our product suite — Wodify Core, Wodify Arena, and Wodify Rise. To date, we’ve connected two million people and 5,000 gyms in 90 countries.
We are looking for a Senior BI Engineer who will provide business stakeholders and our SaaS clients with Looker dashboards and models. You would be a key player in building a reporting solution that delivers analytics to our customers - servicing metrics needs at different business levels. You’ll work closely with customer-facing product and engineering teams, gathering requirements to deliver critical functionality which offers the best possible reporting and analytics experience to Wodify’s clients.
You excel with large and complicated databases, looking for creative ways to deliver insights in an engaging format. You have a proven ability to tell stories with data, and you continuously look for ways for automation and widening the reach of data-driven decision making company-wide. You are a self-starter who knows and loves working with BI tools. You like to provide strong input into the way we quantify our business across products and across customers; driving forward the vision and exceeding our user’s expectations.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop and own “Wodify Insights” and the data models as we grow and mature our use of BI.
- Perform requirements gathering and thoroughly analyze platform requirements. Accomplish deep dive analysis of business requirements and existing reporting solutions to maintain a reusable and shareable BI platform.
- Develop and maintain various reports, dashboards, and visualizations in Looker and other reporting tools. Design and develop practical solutions for complex reporting needs. Apply data modeling techniques and standard practices to implement BI self-service and automated reporting.
- Write, understand, and debug complex SQL statements. Understand and analyze data using SQL and identify any data discrepancies and performance bottlenecks.
- Help in being an instrumental member of the engineering team with a focus on growing our data-driven culture.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least 3+ years of experience in BI development
- Experience with BI tools, building dashboards, and reporting
- Strong SQL skills and experience in SQL Server
- Experience w/ very large data volumes
- Knowledgeable with ETL processes
- Should be an excellent communicator, and should possess excellent debugging skills and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about data and contributing to the growth of a data driven organization
Education & Training:
- Bachelor degree in information systems, computer science, mathematics and statistics, or a related discipline, or 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- Company Paid (90%) Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance plus company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan and FSA
- Generous PTO, Health & Wellness Time, and Holiday Calendar
- Team, social and philanthropy events
- Weekly healthy meal delivery, subsidized by the company
- Gym reimbursement and commuter benefits
- Beautiful office fully stocked with coffee, snacks, and wine on tap
The Application Process:
- Fill out the online application form
- Complete a quick video interview and wonderlic style test
- Complete a second round of video interveiws
- If we think you're a fit, we'll make an offer
Candidates must be wiling and able to work from our offices in Philadelphia, as we will not be providing relocation for this role.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).