At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Senior Business Process Engineer evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and controls business processes. The role will work to ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization's strategic goals. They work collaboratively across all departments of the organization to help improve the management of a business process. The engineer will focus on the entire process from beginning to end, introducing innovation into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability and assist the organization to meet its business objectives and goals. The process engineer needs to be highly skilled in evaluating needs and issues, defining strategies and solutions, and implementing repeatable processes, platforms, tools, and systems to enhance awareness and growth of products and services.
How you will make an impact:
- Understands process improvement initiatives and roadmaps. This includes work done by outside vendors/ consultants. Scans the organization’s landscape for potential process improvement initiatives taking into account in-flight roadmaps.
- Defines, implements and maintains business processes and procedures to meet business objectives. Ensures in compliance with customer and company proposed standards.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities for business process improvements. Develops initiatives for continuous business process improvement.
- Works with stakeholders to identify business requirements, processes and risks. Evaluates current business processes and recommend solutions for improvements.
- Drives BPM Transformation to improve the customer experience, backend efficiency and reduce total cost by leveraging improvements in the areas of people, process and technology. Engages employees to inspire and empower them to provide input into process change.
- Works with other process engineers in integration of new and existing business processes. Uses best practices to carry out business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities. Develops and maintains best practices to meet changing business needs.
- Builds and evaluates financial models for cost estimation, cash flow and cost reduction. Prioritizes and executes projects for ongoing business improvements.
- Provides technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, costs.
- Delivers quick-wins (Proof of Concepts (POCs) and Pilots) that showcase the value of streamlined, repeatable and efficient BPM processes.
- Acts as an internal BPM advisor/ consultant to train teams on the BPM framework / tools/ best practices. Helps drive towards and influence a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing engineering projects.
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases.
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 4+ years experience w/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in BPM COEs in small, medium and large organizations.
- Core skills in organization, communications, project and program management, organizational change management, leadership and coaching.
- Strong business/functional acumen. High aptitude for working with technology experts.
- Trusted advisor, honest, up-front and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Team oriented, self-starter, focused on the success of the team.
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships, and able to deliver difficult news or messages; able to then leverage the strength of the team to rally behind options development and action.
- Strong emotional intelligence: Open to/seeks and integrates feedback. Able to identify and address underlying issues/objections and handle ahead of engagement with leadership or team members.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Employee well-being program
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook
, @deltadentalins on Twitter
, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.