We’re in search of a Cloud Engineer who can seamlessly mesh cloud architecture and cloud deployment patterns with software engineering practices to help us navigate our client’s cloud computing needs. This includes software architecture, infrastructure design, application deployment patterns, and maintenance support practices. Not only are you experienced in cloud-based tech, but you have a firm grasp of XaaS technologies, platforms and applications. You have an intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to help us deliver performant, secure and efficient solutions. Not only can you help us connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, but you’re also evolving your own capabilities as an engineer and keeping an eye on developments that can support our expansion—and help us implement those, too.
Who is Object Computing?
At Object Computing, Inc. we offer team members a supportive, creative, and collaborative environment where they are encouraged to enhance their collective skills and employ industry best practices. We embrace continuous learning, professional development, and foster a community that welcomes change and growth.
We proudly build transformative technology solutions by leveraging open source software and our strategic partnerships with organizations like Amazon and Google. By purposefully engaging with our clients, we help them reimagine the impact and value they can achieve using smart, connective technologies.
OCI has expertise in constructing solutions in a variety of industries including: Aerospace, Energy and Agriculture. We partner with clients to deliver software solutions that accelerate innovation within their organization and stand up to the evolving demands of their business. Our full life cycle software engineering solutions span multiple technology domains including real-time, embedded, large-scale, integrated, and distributed systems, to modern web and cloud-enabled applications.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working in collaboration with our team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for OCI and for OCI’s clients.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with operational requirements.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineering teams.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing deployment scenarios that may include geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help clients excel.
Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related technical field preferred. Equivalent industry experience is acceptable.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- 2-5 years experience with at least one (preferably more than one) major cloud vendor (AWS, GCP or Azure).
- Certification(s) with a major Cloud Vendor (AWS, GCP or Azure) is a big plus.
- Cloud-related certifications such as Terraform or secondary cloud vendors is also a plus.
- Experience with distributed applications and cloud-based services.
- Experience working SDLC tools such as Linux/UNIX, Git-based tools, CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins), Docker, Artifactory (or similar), Terraform and other modern tools.
- Prior experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, Go or other modern languages is a big plus.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL,
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or alone as required.