Company and Role Introduction
We are Gfinity. A leading international Esports business created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers!
We believe in the power of gaming to entertain and inspire a new generation. We are in the lookout for an incredible commercial person, coming straight from a games publisher or an agency environment having worked very closely with game publishers. Someone who is keen to take the relationships and the business to the next level while being part of a very hard working and dedicated commercial team.
Your primary focus will be to devise, establish, grow and own strategic partnerships with existing and new B2B partners seeking esports and gaming solutions. Helping to develop the company brand and build relationships with industry business leaders.
Strong relationships with publishers are at the core of the success of the Company. These relationships are very important because:
- We want to be the partner of choice for publishers that are implementing esports tournaments/events on a global scale and are looking for a partner to design, develop and deliver solutions for them and are prepared to share commercial rights
- We want to create multiyear grass roots programmes with shared commercial rights that engage gamers through both tournament play and entertainment-based content delivered by us
- We want publishers to license their games to us to be used in solutions created for sports rights holders, brands and media companies
- We want, to start selling our own technology and our expertise in community building
Goals, Objectives, and Responsibilities
- Identifying and building strategic relationships with new and existing partners.
- Securing licenses and deals with publishers and partners for global programmes and business opportunities.
- Creating pitches for specific business growth.
- Driving new revenue for the business whilst also developing new Tier 1 relationships
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving revenue and delivering against targets in each of these areas.
You should be able to answer the below questions:
- What do publishers want?
- What is our value proposition for them?
- What makes us different?
- Who is doing something for them better than us today and how do we change it?
- Who are the key publishers that we want and need to work with so we can support their esports and grass roots efforts; and get access to their games so that we can use them in solutions we are creating for brands/sports rights holders?
- How do we get top of their mind?
You will need to:
- Create a publisher database so we can use it for targeted outbound emails
- Categorise our publisher universe and define what success in our relationship looks like and the strategy for each of them
- Construct a bottom up budget and target for you to work towards
- Focus on delivering the strategic plan to win new business with publishers
- Create impactful publisher sales materials
- Lead and oversee third party negotiation and contracting
- Develop new products relevant to publisher partners
- Oversee the handover process to the account delivery team
- Feed into the wider business strategy – e.g. governance and process development
Key requirements (qualifications and skills)
- Sales experience and track record of consistently delivering or exceeding targets
- Understanding of the gaming ecosystem and previously having worked in it
- Have strong existing relationships in gaming
- Very experienced in sales, account and relationship management
- Commercially minded, entrepreneurial, and comfortable with regular reporting
- Driven, ambitious and effective in a matrix organisation
- Structured thinker and strong presenter with the ability to map out a strategic plan for each account
- Highly motivated and results-oriented team player with good interpersonal skills
You are ideally working for a Games Publisher, Tournament Operator/team, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, or PC Gaming! You love gaming and you are actively involved with the industry and up to date with the global landscape.
Location: Remotely based with a few days per month, in the Company premises in West London (3 minutes from the Tube)
Salary and Benefits: Highly competitive basic salary plus a generous commission plan, private medical, employee assistance programme, cyclescheme and techscheme through salary sacrifice, remotely working culture, enhanced employer pension contribution, 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK. Gfinity cannot offer Visa sponsorship.
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Get to know us a bit better: