CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commissioning Agent based remotely throughout the United States. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team, will lead and identify commissioning opportunities and strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with office leadership, commissioning leadership, local and firm wide engineering, and marketing leadership to identify commissioning opportunities and to prepare strategies on how to win selected opportunities.
- One-on-one interaction with clients and potential clients.
- Develop, execute and document project commissioning plans.
- Lead a commissioning team in project execution.
- On signed projects, manage staff and track results for efficiency, quality of work and owner/client satisfaction.
- Assist to recruit staff as needed to provide sufficient manpower to perform contractual services with profitable results.
- Participate in firm wide distribution of Commissioning capabilities to allow staff to offer this service to their clients.
- Develop Commissioning business and write proposals.
- Serve as QA/QC resource on other design projects.
- In state and out of state travel as needed.
- Handle other responsibilities as needed.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture or Construction.
Minimum 10 years HVAC design and field engineering and commissioning work experience required.
LEED AP, CEM, or commissioning certification preferred; Professional Engineer an advantage.
Strong knowledge of commissioning including retro-commissioning, energy analysis, HVAC, building automation and building system monitoring.
Must have proven track record in business development for commissioning wins.
Experience in energy audits, lighting controls and electrical systems, project management and field work.
Must have experience in coordination of MEP disciplines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, teamwork, organizational, and leadership skills.
Organization and time management skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to handle multiple and/or large projects.
Previous experience with MS Office, Revit, Navisworks, BlueBeam, BIM360.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $115,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.