At SiteMinder we believe the individual contributions of our employees are what drive our success. That’s why we hire and encourage diverse teams that include and respect a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their unique selves to work and be proud of doing so. It’s in our differences that we will keep revolutionising the way for our customers. We are better together!
What We Do…
We’re people who love technology but know that hoteliers just want things to be simple. So since 2006 we’ve been constantly innovating our world-leading hotel commerce platform to help accommodation owners find and book more guests online - quickly and simply.
We’ve helped everyone from boutique hotels to big chains, enabling travellers to book igloos, cabins, castles, holiday parks, campsites, pubs, resorts, Airbnbs, and everything in between.
And today, we’re the world’s leading open hotel commerce platform, supporting 40,000 hotels in 150 countries - with over 100 million reservations processed by SiteMinder’s technology every year.
About the Senior Communications Specialist role...
Anyone can claim to be passionate about storytelling, until they have to dig past the marketing speak to seek those stories out. We’re searching for someone who dares to find the stories that lie within the boundless B2B travel tech space, in diverse markets that are rich with local nuances, to audiences that are vast-ranging. Do you have what it takes?
The Senior GTM Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting the delivery of SiteMinder’s global PR and brand communications strategy, in key markets, at a very exciting time for the business. Reporting directly to our Communications Manager in Sydney, the Senior GTM Communications Specialist will play a critical part in driving brand awareness, reputation and advocacy, both internally and externally at SiteMinder, through highly-engaging, relevant and timely communications for various mediums and audiences.
A highly-organised team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces new challenges, the Senior GTM Communications Specialist will have superior communication skills and a deep understanding of dynamic media landscapes. They will have expertise in what drives target audience groups, with proven experience and success in developing media campaigns and content, using modern communication platforms.
What you’ll do…
- Work closely with our Communications Manager to manage SiteMinder’s appointed PR agencies in key markets, ensuring they consistently meet agreed KPIs and receive direction as partners.
- Contribute meaningfully to a GTM communications calendar that seeks to strengthen SiteMinder’s brand within key markets. This includes sourcing speaking, awards and other profiling opportunities; identifying influencers to align and partner with; and discovering new ways to reach target audiences.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to produce press releases from end-to-end, from writing and localising, to obtaining all required approvals, managing translations, publishing on the brand.com website, and working with agencies to distribute to press.
- Work closely with our Communications Manager to develop local PR case studies, thought leadership articles and other communication material.
- Manage speaking opportunities at local events, including developing keynote presentations and preparing local spokespeople.
- Work in close collaboration with the HR team in Manila to support the growth of SiteMinder’s local employer & tech brand.
- Support our Senior Social Media Specialist to respond to all incoming messages and commentary on our social media channels outside of Sydney business hours, and work closely with senior internal stakeholders to manage issues requiring escalation.
What you have…
- 3+ years PR/communications experience, ideally gained from within a B2B client environment
- Superior writing and editing skills to target any type of audience
- Ability to turn detailed, complex, technical jargon into consumable, meaningful and engaging copy
- Creative and inquisitive mind with a deep understanding of what makes a good story
- Sharp attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to adopt and maintain brand style and tone
- Great research and interview skills with the ability to extract useful insights
- Team-oriented collaborator
- Confident and able to develop strong rapport with key stakeholders
- Deadline-driven and organised, with an ability to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Sound understanding of the GTM model and how it drives business value
- Passionate about communications with a positive attitude and keenness to learn
- Work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Journalism or similar communications degree preferred
Our Perks & Benefits…
- Equity packages for you to be a part of the SiteMinder journey
- Hybrid working model (in-office & from home)
- Mental health and well-being initiatives
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Paid birthday, study and volunteering leave every year
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to help you connect and get involved
- Investment in your personal growth offering training for your advancement
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.