Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation
, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Our deeply experienced Veeva Commercial Architecture team helps our Life Sciences clients maximise their investment in the Veeva Commercial Cloud suite of applications. We act as advisors to key customer stakeholders and help them make good decisions on how to achieve strategic goals through the deployment of technology on a global scale. Veeva architects have overall responsibility for ensuring that Veeva applications are configured using best practices and that they are integrated effectively into our customer’s wider commercial architecture.
As a Commercial Architect in the Veeva Systems Professional Services group, you will participate and lead in business process discussion, application design, and the creation of technical and end-user requirements for Veeva Commercial products. You will then collaborate with a variety of Customers, Vendors, and Veeva colleagues during projects to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions and increase Customer Success (one of Veeva’s core values).
Opportunities are available throughout Europe for this role as this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in close proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Candidates within proximity to the Veeva office will have the opportunity to work there if preferred.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorised to be employed in the EU. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- This position is 20% project management, 20% strategic, 30% analysis, and 30% technical (drawing on technical, business, and/or product knowledge in advanced configurations of Veeva applications)
- Participate and lead meetings with senior management and executives as the subject matter expert - simplifying complex technical architectures into language that makes sense to non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with technical resources and translating high-level concepts and requirements into technical language so they can be built.
- As a thought-leader, you will continue to extend your subject matter expertise on the Life Sciences industry and the Veeva solutions
- Mentorship: Provide direction to junior resources and support recruitment efforts
- Creativity: Create high-quality assessments, application health checks, and commercial architectures, in support of the solution design
- Drive and Determination: Ability to “wear any hat” necessary to make the Customer successful and always get the job done
- Motivated and effective self-starter that can lead colleagues and customers through complexity to get results.
- 5+ years of consulting/architecture/data experience in life sciences - you should have projects working with multiple life sciences organisations on your CV
- You should already have a deep knowledge of Veeva CRM & the SFDC platform plus it is highly desirable to also have real-world exposure to other Veeva Commercial Cloud Applications (Vault Promomats, Vault MedComms, CRM Events, Network, Align, OpenData). Experience with products and platforms from other vendors is a plus but Veeva knowledge is mandatory to succeed in the role.
- Strong presentation skills are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential as the position is client-facing. Fluency in English is, therefore, a must-have.
- Able to travel when required (once COVID-related travel restrictions are lifted). Expect limited or no travel in the short term.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and applicable work experience with Business Process development, SOPs, Governance Processes, and Program Management
- Additional experience in the following technical disciplines: Data Warehousing, Web Services, ETL, SQL, Force.com, FTP, Batch CSV integrations, User Authentication
- Experience with software from other vendors (IQVIA, SAP, CVENT, ZS, etc.)
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Veeva charitable giving program
- Free lunch on Tuesdays
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.