Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for eight consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2018, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant to join our Technology Risk Services Practice. The candidate must be an energetic, self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines with limited supervision and deliver quality service to our clients. The candidate is expected to work closely and collaboratively with clients, provide the full range of IT audit and remediation services, information and cyber security, assist in IT process re-engineering and develop effective IT risk management programs. The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be able to lead client meetings.
- Prepare of third party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 and SOC 2, including documenting, validating, testing, and assessing various control systems.
- Assess client environments to support compliance with IT General Controls.
- Utilize a risk and objective based approach to identify business process opportunities, and work with clients to develop action plans while understanding their challenges.
- Develop high quality deliverables and conduct client presentations.
- Support and contribute to practice development initiatives.
- Develop innovative methodologies, leading practices, tools, and templates.
- Write blogs and contribute to publications to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Involved in all aspects of project management including: planning, executing, monitoring, and closing.
- Consistently apply delivery methodology processes and utilize tools across engagements.
- 3-6 years working experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CPA, CIA; alternatively, experience in IT control assessment or business process optimization that is equivalent to these types of certifications is acceptable
- Experience conducting Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 and SOC 2
- Experience conducting IT risk, IT controls testing, and security assessments for both IT General Controls (ITGCs) and IT Application Controls (ITACs)
- Experience performing business process internal control reviews (over areas such as Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Business Operations) is preferred
- Experience with understanding control environments for commercial clients or government contractors is preferred
- Strong understanding of various industry standards and regulations is preferred, including: SOC, ISO 27002, Sarbanes Oxley, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication requirements, and Federal Information Security Management & Modernization Act (FISMA)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a commitment to exceptional client service, creative problem solving ability, and a consultant mindset
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer