What you will be doing:
The Sr. Contracts Administrator will be responsible for day to day cradle to grave contract administration:
- Negotiate and finalize prime and subcontract documents and modifications for projects including reviewing all FAR provisions, SOW, and Terms and Conditions, verifying rate/cost amounts, completing required vendor forms and certifications, insurance certificates.
- Setup and maintenance of Deltek Costpoint project setup including maintaining funding and billing rate tables.
- Preparation of contract briefs.
- Responsible for coordinating preparation of cost proposals due to other prime contractors and customers to include negotiating specifications and contractual provisions, preparation of proposal narrative templates, coordination with teammates and development of pricing schedules.
- Ensures proposals are in compliance with Government regulations and Praxis’ standard estimating practices.
- Reviews terms and conditions of contracts to provide risk assessment to management.
- Review and negotiate teaming and non-disclosure agreements.
- Internal reporting of funding and risk.
- Works in collaboration with Accounting to ensure integration of contracting information into Deltek so that billing can occur as expected.
- Works in collaboration with Program Managers to prepare program financial tracking, spend plans and reporting.
- Prepare/review contract close-out documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
A minimum of 8 yrs contracts experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be able to work independently and as a key member of a team
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with all Contract Types (T&M, FFP, CPFF, CPAF, including incentive)
- Knowledge of contract types and how it impacts contracts and program funding.
- Strong working knowledge of the FAR and Government agency FAR supplement
- Experience with various government agencies and commercial customers
- Knowledge of Deltek or similar accounting system
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), particular strength in MS Excel and Word a must.
- Strong financial background
BS/BA preferred in Business Administration or a related discipline (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
Ability to obtain TS/SCI with appropriate polygraph preferred.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.