The Discord family is looking for a senior copywriter for our in-house creative team. You will work alongside a team of talented graphic designers, illustrators, motion designers, and project managers. You will get a chance to craft content across all creative projects - brand videos, ad campaigns, blogs, and much more. You may also high-five some people along the way...virtually.
As a member of the creative team, you’ll help craft content that will communicate the Discord brand to the world. We are a friendly, collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that elevate Discord above everything else. If you love words and working with highly creative people, you’ll fit right in at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Writing compelling copy on a variety of creative projects including campaigns, digital ads, blog posts, social media posts, collateral (online and offline), and much more
- Writing both long and short form, editorial and marketing content
- Maintaining our brand voice across all creative projects
- Working with multiple internal clients on how to best engage our customers through copywriting
- Bringing empathy and clarity through your words by see things from a customer’s point of view
- Interpreting creative briefs to understand project requirements as it relates to copywriting
- Collaborating with designers, marketers, and other professionals on large- and small-scale projects
- Editing and proofreading copy as needed
What you should have
- 7+ years of proven creative copywriting experience in an agency, entertainment, gaming, or in-house creative team
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred)
- Experience writing for long and short form content for advertising and marketing
- Ability to adapt your writing style to different audiences and platforms
- Be a highly organized with a high level of craft
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- A portfolio of your writing projects with a detailed description of your involvement
- An eye for detail, good proofreading skills, and experience in brand communications are musts; works and plays well with others, essential
- Know how to make creatives happy :)
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, or Figma
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.