Hi, we’re Canary… a NYC-based startup that helps people connect to their family, their community and their home in new ways. Our first product is an award-winning, all-in-one home security device that makes it easy to not just see, but understand what’s happening in your home from anywhere.
What You'll Be Up To:
- Defining how to best position and promote Canary’s key products and services.
- Articulating our mission and purpose, clearly and consistently, across both B2C and B2B channels.
- Ensuring that Canary’s brand voice and style is clearly defined and applied consistently across all consumer interactions - from unboxing to within the product experience to marketing communications.
- Writing, of course. Bringing Canary to life in words across a broad range of touchpoints, including:
- Advertising and promotional campaigns
- Website, email, and social
- Retail merchandising, packaging, and within product
- Corporate image-building channels like LinkedIn.
- In sum, you’ll be responsible for how Canary is positioned and promoted across all of our communications. We’re looking for someone who sees every customer or corporate communication as an opportunity. An opportunity to inspire someone to take action. An opportunity to build the mythology of our brand. An opportunity to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary.
What You'll Need To Have:
- At least 5 years of copywriting experience primarily for consumer brands and products; consumer electronics and tech are a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to define and / or communicate brand voice, style, and mission.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates that creative and persuasive work across a range of marketing channels that should include advertising, retail, email, social and web.
- A strategic orientation as many assignments will require both positioning and creative solutions.
- The ability to drive big ideas, working closely with other creatives.
- Beyond writing, the Sr. Copywriter must also have the ability to author guidelines, coach and edit others, and be a strong advocate for the brand.
- International experience is not required, but beneficial.
A Little About Us:
We’re Canary, a New York City-based startup that believes the best technology makes you smarter, puts you in control, and gives you access to the information you need. That’s why we’re dedicated to developing easy-to-use technology that protects, empowers, and has a meaningful impact on people, families, and their communities.
Our first product made Indiegogo history as the most successful connected home crowdfunded product ever, and has proven that there’s a real demand for a simple, intelligent, all-in-one home security device. We think it’s because Canary does more than protect your home; it gives people control, connects them to their loved ones, and helps them hold on to the moments that matter.
We're looking for brilliant, talented people who love toppling giants, working autonomously in small teams, solving challenging problems, and developing real solutions for everyday use. If that sounds like you, come join us and help us make the world feel safe and secure.
What can we give you?
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Daily catered lunch.
- Flexible work hours.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Reimbursement for commuter costs.
- A beautiful and industrial office space.