Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Senior Cost Accountant directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting. Provide direction to cost analysts and junior staff.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures including CAPEX.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs and organize annual budget process for manufacturing operations.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in a global ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc. Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance - Automotive industry experience a plus
- Hands on ERP experience preferred
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience;
- 7+ years of costing and operational experience, especially with inventory
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.