Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks an intellectually curious attorney to join the Original Independent Film division’s business and legal affairs team, which focuses on financing, developing, producing and acquiring films like To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, The Wrong Missy, Tall Girl and Chicago 7. The candidate will be a key member of the Production & Legal Affairs group, primarily responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating long form above-the-line talent agreements, rights agreements, development agreements, production services agreements and other production, finance, license and acquisition agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms, leaning in, and finding ways to create efficiencies for this high volume team in order to remain nimble, accomplish Netflix’s objectives and execute the original film strategy. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing matters that arise throughout the production process and making judgment calls that align with the company’s long term objectives. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable mentoring others, counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 15+ years of relevant experience in film working for a production company, studio or law firm. Extensive legal affairs experience is a plus.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
- Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
- Passion for legal affairs and tackling new and complex legal challenges
- Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast‐paced environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross‐functionally, think pragmatically and be solution‐oriented
- Adaptable negotiation style
- Passion for film, the business and Netflix’s film strategy