Described by Forbes as “Tech’s Next Billion Dollar Star” Rent the Runway is set to disrupt the $1.7T Global Fashion Industry by ensuring that rental is a habitual, convenient, daily part of getting dressed. We believe that every woman in the U.S. and soon every woman in the world, should have a subscription to fashion that is powered by a mobile-first experience, aided by top-notch customer service and serviced by omni-channel capabilities. We also believe that fashion is an industry that should be democratized by giving everyone access to the real thing and the associated feelings of self-confidence that comes with. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised over $125MM and built a transformative business model, proprietary technology all coded in-house, a unique reverse-logistics operation and one of the most beloved brands on earth. 5MM women in the U.S. are members of our community - many have used Rent the Runway for some of the most important events in their lives. We have also launched a foundation to support female entrepreneurship and help women build scalable businesses. There is a revolutionary spirit in our founding DNA that permeates to our culture today; Our team is smart, aggressive, entrepreneurial and ready to continue challenging old systems and rewriting new rules.
Customer Insights is the heart and foundation of Rent the Runway. CI lives the number one core value daily and does everything they can to deliver “Cinderella experiences” to RTR customers.
As a Senior Customer Insights Team Lead at Rent the Runway, you will have direct influence on the daily operations of the Customer Insights Team. You will be responsible for being the fearless leader of your own team of stylists and ensuring their rockstar performances are contributing to the entire team’s goals.
You will be the expert in all CI systems, processes, and technology so that the team is a well-oiled machine ready for any challenge or change. You will be on the front lines setting the prime example for performance in each channel and working closely with the Senior Manager & Manager of Customer Insights to help identify improvement opportunities and standouts who should be rewarded.
If you’re relentlessly positive, consistently go above & beyond, and can lead a horse to water AND make him drink… we want you.
- Manage 15 associates, including part-time and weekend teams while providing world class customer experience through customer interactions on phone, email, and chat
- Conduct weekly 1:1s focused on performance & development
- Oversee hours logged and approve payroll on a weekly basis
- Be able to have constructive conversations & maintain complete confidentiality when necessary
- Lead the team to meet the highest standard of service in all channels by doing the following:
- Manage scheduling & shift assignments so that the team is constantly optimized for top performance and learn to make adjustments in the channels when appropriate
- Support the Manager of Customer Insights by providing insight around service levels and suggestions on how to improve
- Implement policy/process changes and work on initiatives led by the Manager of Customer Insights
- Provide frequent feedback to the team on performance and motivate when there is a need to improve and reward when it is deserved
- Manage quality assessment program
- Conduct quality assessments for team members to ensure high quality of customer interactions in all channels
- Motivate team to meet & exceed individual and departmental metrics
- Develop each team member to reach their highest potential as a CI associate and RTR employee
- Serve as the liaison between departments to report insights to the appropriate departments
- Product/Technology – maintain & prioritize list of tech bugs and product enhancements
- Operations – optimize relationship between teams and call attention to the impact of operational decisions on customer experience
- Act as a subject matter expert & contribute relevant customer insights for a selected Pillar
- When time allows, attend weekly meetings & help with Pillar projects
- Own strategic projects (to be discussed with management) that you will spend 10% of your time on throughout the week
- Oversee projects that are managed by CI associates to ensure timeliness & proper execution
- Lead conduct on-going training for the team to ensure consistent processes & customer interactions are of the highest quality
- Must have 3 years of direct management experience
- BA/BS Degree Required
- Will be Responsible for managing full time, part time and weekend teams
- Has experience working with cross functional teams and will be expected to represent CI- on company initiatives
- Will help be responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels and assist with development of labor model and staffing plan
- Oversee specialized positions as they are developed such as: service recovery, quality, VIP, social media (long term- after mastering specialty as a senior stylist)
- Oversee and organize manager standups including the dissemination of important information that should be shared in team meetings
- Manage communication between day and evening teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent worker, self-starter, resourceful, strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work with all levels of management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a proven track record of developing relationships
- Experience working with project scalability
- Experience with Hiring and Recruitment strategy development preferred