HelloTech is the leading independent, on-demand technology support service. Available 24/7 both in-home and remote, HelloTech's massive network of expert technicians nationwide are dedicated to providing a top-notch customer experience for a wide range of services, including computer support, smart home device installation, home office setup, and more.
With both direct-to-consumer presence and deep integrations with retailers such as Walmart.com
and Comcast Xfinity, HelloTech eliminates the headaches and hassle of product installation and maintenance.
HelloTech is looking for a Customer Support Specialist who thrives in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate should be self motivated, flexible, and analytical with the ability to understand existing practices and policies to determine resolutions.
As a Customer Support Specialist, your role is to support and manage escalations pertaining to unsatisfied or upset customers. The role involves being able to deescalate a difficult situation and find solutions to the problems at hand. Escalations are typically presented via phone, email, and system escalations. The specialist should be able to service inbound calls while using problem solving techniques to address customer concerns, while assisting Tier 1 Agents with de-escalation tactics.
This role will require you to work to meet the needs of our growing pool of customers and technicians with the opportunity to learn about and experiment with the newest consumer tech products. Every day brings new challenges and the opportunity to develop new skills. Come join us in creating the best in-home IT experience around!
What you’ll be doing:
- Exhibit top‐tier customer service to our clients by clearly and empathetically responding to customers via phone calls and emails
- Research, resolve and follow up with customers regarding complex customer inquiries via but not limited to (inbound/outbound calls and emails regarding service delivery, digital billing and other requests
- Handle sensitive customer service escalations while prioritizing time and documenting the steps taken to resolve
- Being able to deescalate multiple situations in a single day while maintaining a good attitude towards customers
- Collect and understand recurring events that can be prevented by implementing procedure and/or automation
- Communicate and collaborate with the Operations and Product teams to work toward long and short term solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Associate's degree or bachelor’s degree equivalent preferred; college and/or professional training a plus
- Customer Service Experience (1-3 years)
- Flexible - Available to work weekends as necessary
- Ability to read and understand metrics to find historical problematic trends that can help us determine where our or focus should be in order to maximize results.
- Exceptional verbal skills with ability to communicate with knowledge and empathy
- Exceptional written communication skills with ability to effectively explain a position, use empathy and provide a resolution.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions for dilemmas and problems
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up
- Can quickly adapt to new clients, processes and procedures
- A knack for learning and desire to grow professionally
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
Competitive PTO Program
Mac or PC
This position is remote / work from home
All corporate employees are currently working remote and the HQ office is closed during COVID-19