Aeva’s mission is to bring the next wave of perception to a broad range of applications from automated driving to industrial robotics, consumer electronics, consumer health, security, and beyond. Aeva is transforming autonomy with its groundbreaking sensing and perception technology that integrates all key LiDAR components onto a silicon photonics chip in a compact module. Aeva 4D LiDAR sensors uniquely detect instant velocity in addition to 3D position, allowing autonomous devices like vehicles and robots to make more intelligent and safe decisions.
The Data Platform team at Aeva is responsible for maintaining and developing end-to-end data solutions, providing crucial insights that impact operational and strategic functions. As a Manufacturing Operations Data Analyst you will play a critical role interfacing between the data team and cross-functional stakeholders and leadership, in order to derive consistent data-driven insights. In this ‘hands on’ role you will be responsible for deriving business metrics, building dashboards and reports, answering business questions, and ensuring key management reports are available and accurate.
What you'll be doing:
- 8+ years of experience in data analytics/reporting.
- 3+ years of experience in relevant fields such as the automotive industry, electronics manufacturing (cameras, phones), semiconductor, or optical network products (transceivers, routers, switches, or related communication devices), with a demonstrated ability to translate manufacturing and operational data into actionable business insights.
- Translate business metrics into SQL queries and data models.
- Implement dashboards and reports that will be consumed by various teams across the business daily.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all data models, reports, dashboards and reporting techniques
- Perform root cause analysis on internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer stakeholder questions.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to help engineering teams derive opportunities for improvement in the company’s products.
- Communicate and document your work clearly, with the twofold purpose of guiding stakeholder usage and maintain the data team’s resources up to date.
What you'll have:
- Proficient with SQL, able to write complex analytical queries and optimize for performance.
- Working experience with cloud data warehouses.
- Experience with Tableau or other similar BI tools. Able to create insightful dashboards and reports that cater to different stakeholders.
- Proficient in Python
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to think strategically about current projects and future developments.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes: knowledge of manufacturing KPIs and general production line operations.
- Ability to apply statistical methods to detect trends, anomalies, and to forecast future scenarios.
- You put a high value in the quality of your deliverables. You can drive standards and best practices for the team.
Nice to have:
- Experience with dbt (Data Build Tool)
- Domain Knowledge: Experience or knowledge in lidar technology or similar high-tech manufacturing.
- Experience with real-time data processing for live monitoring of the manufacturing line.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful stock grants
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Unlimited PTO: We care about results, not punching timecards