We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we need
As our Senior Data Analyst, reporting into the Product Analytics Manager, you and your team of analysts will collaborate with our product managers and UX designers to learn how our digital products can better meet the needs of our customers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing...
- As an expert with our web data, you will ensure the product teams have the visibility into day-to-day performance that they need as well as proactively identifying opportunities to increase revenue through product optimisations
- Prioritising which customer needs we focus on should be a data driven process. To support this, you’ll analyse customer behaviour on our app and digital platforms for the purpose of generating insights and testable hypotheses
- To ensure the features we’re building are fit for purpose, we take a rigorous approach to evaluating performance. By analysing and interpreting the results of testing and optimisation experiments in a statistically and scientifically sound manner you’ll aid in this process
- The product analytics team has several streams of work, and we need to ensure that new work is identified early and managed efficiently. You’ll collaborate with product, UX and the rest of the data team to identify, design, and iteratively improve workflows and processes
Experience and skills you’ll need...
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with a significant quantitative component (e.g. mathematics, computer science, physics, economics)
- Several years of experience working as an analyst using business intelligence tools including SQL (Redshift, Snowflake, or similar), Tableau (or similar), and Google Analytics (or similar)
- Significant experience with A/B testing tools (e.g. Optimizely, SiteSpect, VWO)
- Significant experience defining and delivering insights and analysis for digital products
- Experience running, and iterating on, operational processes with the aim of improving productivity
- Clear and succinct presentation skills
…and some other skills & experience that would be a bonus
- Experience coaching more junior analysts
- Experience working in an ecommerce marketplace business
- Statistical/probabilistic knowledge of hypothesis (A/B) testing
- Experience with the typical Python machine learning stack (numpy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn etc.)
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!