Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
The Senior Data Architect will lead the design and implementation for the data warehouse architecture as Omada grows across multiple product lines. We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Architect to work closely with our application development and data teams to recommend data warehouse architecture based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department. The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems. A successful candidate will evaluate the changing data needs of the company and come up with related solutions. The candidate will be responsible for developing and leading projects to improve these areas in partnership with analytics and data science leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, technology or similar or equivalent blend of work and certification experience required.
- 7+ years of overall business experience including working with various cross-functional team required
- 7+ years of experience in data modeling (SQL) required.
- Expertise troubleshooting data quality issues, performance bottlenecks, and data pipeline dependencies required
- Ability to communicate in a highly collaborative team environment consisting of technical (engineers/developers) and non-technical personnel (project managers/business leaders) required
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices in relationship to business strategy and goals strongly preferred
- Reliable self-starter capable of working with a high degree of autonomy
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task through effective prioritization
- Develop logical and conceptual models that accurately depict our multi-product business
- Develop and refine data architecture strategy by working with data engineers, data analysts, and business SMEs
- Use expertise to source and document data requirements, establish the current baseline of data architecture, develop a target state for data architecture, perform gap analysis to develop a data roadmap to resolve gaps, and gain partner support
- Oversee the instantiation of data models into reliable, extensible models
- Evangelize data management best practices across the data and engineering organization
- Extensive experience designing schemas, data flows and data object models.
- Write, maintain, and communicate data design documentation to inform development teams on creating integrated solutions for the data strategy
- Work on (or drive) multiple projects as the subject matter expert.
- Mentor other team members on best practices
You will love this job if you:
- Experience with analytics/business intelligence software (Tableau, Hadoop, Power BI)
- Motivates self and others to achieve challenging goals
- An interest in keeping up-to-date with emerging and new technologies
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in any of the following:
- Experience working with master data management / data hub solutions strongly preferred
- Experience working in the clinical, medical device, pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 400,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.