PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Data Engineer - Analytics and Visualization
San Diego, California
Data platform engineering team is looking for a flexible, skilled, highly driven Senior Data Engineer with strong technical abilities, outstanding communication skills and ability to mentor the team to achieve outstanding results. The individual will help lead development and operations for our real time data analytic and visualization platform that will be used for our next generation console, PlayStation 5!
- Play a senior role in design, build, code review, deploy, and support software for our Real Time Data Analytics and Visualization Platform.
- Be part of a team building streaming pipeline solutions to reshape data and ingest into the platform in near real time.
- Have extensive hands-on technical domain expertise in data infrastructure and visualization within the cloud (preferably AWS) ecosystem.
- Collaborate with the team to lead Technology product evaluations, POC execution and platform implementation for the Visualization platform.
- Participate in product road-map discussions and identify key areas for improvements for the analytics and visualization platform.
- Take on technical ownership of a work stream, be the subject matter expert and managing risks and issues
- Mentor junior engineers to ensure we all deliver awesome!
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, design and analysis using Scala, Java, or Python
- Proficiency in using visualization technology (such as Domo, Tableau, Quicksight, imply etc.) from data discovery, dashboard prototyping, to productionize large scale visual analytics platform implementation, performance tuning and optimization.
- Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design.
- Experience with real time data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis
- Experience with OLAP/MOLAP database technologies such as Apache Druid, Pinot, Clickhouse
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based web services, at enterprise scale, AWS is preferable.
- The drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Strong sense of ownership and passion to provide world class customer experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.