thredUP is the world’s largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and shop over 35,000 brands at up to 90% off — online, in stores or via “try-before-you-buy” Goody Boxes. Backed by world-class investors, thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed nearly 100 million unique garments from closets across America and is now powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform.
About the Role:
At thredUP, we’re working to revolutionize the clothing industry and we're looking for an experienced Business Intelligence engineer to help grow the foundation of our data warehouse and Business Intelligence infrastructure. You will work in a highly collaborative environment of data engineers, data analysts, domain experts and business leaders to deliver data solutions that alter how the secondhand clothing industry is perceived. If you are excited by recent developments in cloud data technologies and the ability to solve complex problems with an engineering team that is passionate about our culture, the quality of our code, and building a successful company, we'd love to hear from you.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining data warehouse/ business intelligence solutions which will handle growing business needs
- Translate business questions and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with the available data using sound methodologies. In cases where questions cannot be answered with the available data, work with engineers to produce the required data
- Operate as one of the primary developers and administrator of Looker, one of the operational reporting solutions at thredUP
- Assist in developing creative methodologies, procedures, user adoption strategies, develop and design innovative ways to view and interact with data visualization for Business Analysis
- Automate, optimize, and maintain ETL flows in a repeatable, scalable manner
- Ability to handle and respond to ad-hoc data support/analytical requests
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Experience in data modeling, data warehousing, administration role in support of Business Intelligence or Advanced Analytic tools (ex. Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy)
- Proficiency with analytical SQL and knowledge of how to optimize and troubleshoot
- BI Reporting experience with tools such as Looker, Tableau or Microstrategy
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with AWS Data technologies (such as Redshift, S3,Glue, and Kinesis) or similar ones such as GCP or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Python or any other scripting language
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- (Bonus) Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other Big Data technologies.
- (Bonus) Experience working in an e-commerce industry
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers alongside passionate coworkers
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions
- Working within a modern tech stack
- Competitive top market salary
- Flexible working hours (possibility to work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Uncounted paid vacations
- Full-coverage medical insurance, free lunches on Wednesdays, English classes, etc.
- Relocation assistance and cost coverage program for candidates from other countries and cities
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is welcome - be you.