The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
At Client Platform, a part of the Platform Mission, we are passionate about amplifying productivity, quality and innovation across all client developers at Spotify. Client Platform strives to bring a great experience for client developers at Spotify, and through this deliver stable and reliable products for people to enjoy and love.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will help us generate data and insights about client development at Spotify, thus bringing data and insights into high impact collaborations with our passionate teams of engineers and product managers. Spotify is a fast paced company that believes that every decision should be data-informed and every feature be fueled with data.
What you’ll do
- Be a part of a cross-functional team of data engineers and data scientists to build, maintain and support an ecosystem of analysis-friendly datasets and dashboards
- Work with partners in product and engineering on how to measure and assess product performance; own product metrics and key performance indicators
- Evaluate the data quality, scalability and performance of our existing pipelines and use these analyses to make meaningful improvements
- Work closely with data scientists to identify upcoming data needs and enhance existing datasets or build new ones to meet those needs
- Ensure high data quality, contribute to documentation of tools and datasets, and evangelise best practices among all data producers within Client Platform
Who you are
- You have experience in building robust data models for analytics purposes, efficient data warehouse design and an understanding of data quality
- You have strong proficiency using SQL in cloud data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake) and are comfortable with performance optimization, data partitioning, and window functions
- You have excellent programming skills, preferably in Python
- You have a track record of taking open-ended analytics goals and scope them into defined and impactful objectives to deliver production-quality solutions
- You are comfortable stepping through ETL processes and tracing data flows through complex DAGs
- You are able to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in these time zones
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.