Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start-up. The WillowTwin™ is a disruptive IoT/Data SaaS that unlocks the true potential of smart buildings and infrastructure. We are writing a new chapter in human history, with unprecedented resource optimisation and management empowered by data.
Recently Ranked in Linked In's 2020 Australian "Top 10 Start-ups", you will be joining a team of performance-driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast-paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Summary of role:
The Senior ML/Data Engineer roles at Willow are a key part of the new Data Science Team. We seek self-driven senior people with proven experience who will:
· Own the data infrastructure providing expert advice on best practice strategies for data acquisition, governance and lineage
· Drive the company-wide rollout of the cloud data warehouse (CDW) solution
· Setup CI/CD pipelines to support the CDW
· Establish on-going monitoring for the CDW/ingestion as per best practice
· Interface with the CyberSec team to ensure consistent application of standard security policies
After the data engineering practice has been established, it is envisioned that these roles will transition away from a primarily data focus to a Machine Learning engineering focus in support of planned advanced analytics.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in a quantitative field (statistics, computer science, data science, mathematics)
- Solid commercial experience in data engineering and Big Data architectures
- Proven experience in data warehouse design and deployment at scale
- Advanced proficiency in python
- Cloud computing experience
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based ETL/ELT solutions
- Deep understanding of techniques and technology for handling high-velocity time-series input streams
- Strong technical and non-technical leadership with the ability to see project initiatives through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Azure ecosystem
- Experience in the IoT space
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake
- A good understanding of the .NET framework and C#
- A working understanding of fundamental concepts in Machine Learning
- Experience interfacing with Data Scientists
- Understanding of Apache Spark-based cluster computing
- Experience in designing and developing ML solutions
This position can be performed in Vancouver or remotely within British Columbia. You need to have the rights to work in Canada, as we are not able to sponsor visa at the moment.
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, high growth tech start-up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Willow is proudly diverse. We work to create an equitable and inclusive experience for candidates and employees, where people from different backgrounds have an opportunity to succeed. Join us in our mission to digitise the built world!