Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll own the analytics data modeling process, building, maintaining, and optimizing Capsule’s infrastructure to ensure the company can quickly derive insights from data. You’ll support analytics teams across the organization by understanding business-critical use cases, designing solutions, and building infrastructure that enables teams to quickly derive insights and drive value. You’ll also represent business needs to the Product and Engineering organizations ensuring Capsule’s products are built with tracking and analytics in mind.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure Capsule’s data infrastructure is optimally designed to support fast and right data driven decision making across the business
- Own the data modeling process end to end (building requirements, writing ETL scripts, cleaning and aggregating data, developing views)
- Build and maintain tools and systems that ingest, transform, organize, and expose data
- Architect data models that are performant, reusable, and extendable
- Improve the reliability and interpretability of our data through better systems and policies
- Provide analysts and data scientists with technical support related to data modeling
- Act as a bridge between the Engineering/Product organization and data consumers to ensure our tools and systems are built with analytical needs in mind.
- Solid understanding of database systems, modern system architectures, and data warehouse techniques including dimension tables, fact tables, etc.
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines and data warehouses.
Strong history with best practices around data patterns, modeling raw data into scalable, user-friendly models that support rapid analytical decision making for business users
- Experience in relational such as Postgres, Oracle or SQL Server and non-relational databases such as Cassandra
- You can operate independently, setting your own roadmap and priorities with little oversight.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.