Infogrid is making the unfulfilled promise of scalable smart buildings via IoT (Internet of Things) a reality. Our goal is to be the global go-to provider for connected devices in smart buildings, creating dynamic solutions for everyday challenges. Our mantra is "keep it simple, keep it scalable" and this ethos drives our product development.
We are a rapidly expanding team, who are working from geographically dispersed locations (across the UK and Europe). Although our headquarters are in London, we look for the best talent wherever they may be and let work from there!
We already have a broad portfolio of blue-chip clients and products across the globe – a testament to the strength of our product-market-fit. We recently raised $15.5m Series A
funding led by Northzone. This funding will help accelerate our expansion, finding great talent and growing our presence in the US to meet commercial demand.
Why we think you’ll love it here
- Huge responsibility and fascinating challenges – you’ll be joining us early on in our journey, with plenty of autonomy and room to develop your role
- Building a solution at the forefront of smart building technology!
- Joining a fast-growing team of brilliant people
- We offer a great office environment, a clear development path, and many tangible benefits including:
- Monthly no-work work days for personal development
- Remote and highly flexible working
- Carbon footprint off-setting (~12 tonnes per employee per year)
What you'll be doing
- Design novel sensor-based applications to solve hard and impactful problems for our broad client base
- Experiment with new technologies to harness an unparalleled real-time dataset (1bn+ data points and counting)
- Develop machine learning models from concept to production to deployment
- Use a combination of direct outputs and algorithmically-inferred outputs
- Whilst largely working in a team with other data scientists, you will also interface with specialists in other areas such as DevOps and the wider front- and backend-development teams to find the most optimal product solutions
- Working directly under the Head of Data Science you will help to cultivate a team with huge growth potential and influence the trajectory of data science at Infogrid
What you'll need
- 3+ years experience in machine learning in a commercial environment
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with deployment of machine learning models (particularly AWS) is desired
- Experience with neural network architectures (particularly Tensorflow) is desired
- Experience with recommendation systems is desired
- A growth mindset, an interest in innovating new machine-learning products, and a willingness to work in a geographically-distributed team
About our team
We innovate at the edge of what can be done in the new era of IoT, and we are at an inflection point in the centrality of data science to our growth - we are currently led by a highly-qualified team that we seek to expand by several senior hires that have room to grow in responsibility as the company continues to grow further.
Our Data Science team is a small but rapidly growing function, what we do is at the heart of the Infogrid solution!