Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
When you feel connected to our mission, values and the work you do, you’re driven to perform your best every day. When you feel connected to people you work with, you’re able to build meaningful relationships that last. Together, we share the ultimate goal of delivering better health outcomes for everyone.
The world has changed, and so has the way we work. We believe you can work where you work best (whether it’s in the office all the time, a few days a week, or none of the time), and still feel connected to our mission, values, purpose, and each other.
All Leaguers have League life moments – moments in our careers that connect us to League’s mission and values, to each other and to our amazing work – every day.
Will your first League life moment be meeting our team? We can’t wait to meet you.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help us apply statistical techniques and machine learning to complex health datasets to predict health outcomes and challenge the state of the art personalization techniques in the domain of health and wellness. In this role, you will work as part of a small multi-disciplinary team to establish and evangelize the data and AI (artificial intelligence) driven culture. This team will not only work with the product team closely but will also support non-user-facing functions like Business Strategy and Partners.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in cross-functional teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your work and enjoy measuring and presenting it. You enjoy working with product management and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value timely.
Our current data pipelines are built with Airflow and Python and use GCP Storage and BigQuery/PostgreSQL as the data store and warehouse. As a key expert on our data team, you will tackle the most complex Health related datasets we’re working with, including EHR, claims, and population health data.
In this role, you will:
- Effectively utilize advanced statistical, data mining, machine learning algorithms, including neural networks, to review and analyze health and related data in delivering health outcome insights
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to understand health and insurance ecosystems, model user behaviours and other long-term wellness trends to influence product decisions by effectively presenting data-based recommendations
- Work closely with analysts and engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions to better measure the health and wellness of our members and improving it
- Apply proven analytic methods and algorithms on cross-functional domains by sourcing and leveraging data to support modeling
- MSc or PhD focused on machine learning research or applications
- 2+ years of experience in product analytics, data science, business intelligence, data quality, and data engineering
- 2+ years of working with health data, specifically medical and drug claims records, EHR, and/or data from wearable devices
- 2+ years of experience building software applications
- You have strong analytical and data science skills and are excited to apply it in non-traditional domains
- You know how to break down complex and ambiguous problems to smaller, more manageable sub-problems and iteratively deliver value to customers
- You have deep experience with data science toolkits like scikit-learn, Keras and Tensorflow, including Python and RYou are eager to learn from others and help others grow with you
At League, everyone is welcome. Diversity makes us better, and we believe in building diversity across cultural identity, gender, sexual orientation, age and education, thought and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.