Who we are
e-Travel is one of the top 10 Online Travel Agencies in the world in selling flight tickets and has recently become part of the ETraveli Group after the merger with the Swedish OTA ETraveli, with the aim to be a global leading force in selling flights. The ETraveli Group is the second largest online travel agency in Europe with a highly scalable business model and annual gross sales topping €3bn.
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Data Science team you will be responsible for writing the math and the algorithms for, among others, one of the most critical components of our online commerce platform: the pricing engine. You will delve deep into terabytes of data, create beautiful models and algorithms and finally translate them into real-time applications, always with the help of your team members.
The Data Science team is an autonomous, agile, cross-functional, highly-motivated and metrics driven team composed of data scientists and data engineers. Our deployed ML models have played a critical role in the growth and the profitability of the company and we are constantly improving them and pushing new ones live. We use Python, Spark, R, Redshift, Kinesis and a lot of other AWS services and we expect you to bring your expertise and favourite tools to the rest of the team.
- Understand the complex world of online travel & e-commerce with a focus on pricing & revenue optimization.
- Collect, combine, process and analyze disperse and vast amounts of data.
- Develop elegant analytical models & algorithms that will improve our prices & bottom line profitability.
- Communicate your findings to the team and stakeholders.
- Put these models into production and measure the results.
- Design experiments, execute them and evaluate their results.
- Assist in the evolution of the team and the role itself (methodologies, processes, tools, etc).
- Advanced degree in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or related fields).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis, ideally in the area of Revenue Management, Algorithmic Trading, Sports Betting or Operations Research.
- Strong grasp of modern machine learning, data mining and data analytics techniques. Ideally, you have hands on experience with Big Data technologies and productionizing machine learning models.
- Excellent knowledge of applied statistics (descriptive, exploratory, inferential, predictive).
- Strong programming skills in Python and adequate visualization skills.
- Experience working with real-world, noisy data and clearly presenting your findings.
- You have a strong business acumen, pay close attention to detail and are self-motivated.
- Participation in machine learning competitions will be considered a plus.
- You take pride in your work as well as share your findings with the team and listen to their discoveries.
- Finally, you have excellent communication skills in English, a legal permit to work in Greece and any military obligations fulfilled.
- The opportunity to solve complex problems using advanced mathematics in a highly paced environment where no two days are alike
- The chance to grow professionally & personally working with talented professionals as a member of a highly dynamic team
- A relaxed & fun environment where you can play ping pong, join in yoga lessons & take part in kayaking excursions
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary private health insurance