Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists to join our Consumer Experience product area and help drive research and data initiatives.
As part of our team, you will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, product features and more, bringing data and insights into every decision we make. Your work will impact how we think about our users, our ability to identify and satisfy their needs, and build compelling customer support offerings and experiences informed by those needs. This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how millions of Spotify users are supported around the world.
What you’ll do
- Co-operate with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about our consumer experience
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract impactful insights on user behaviour that will help drive product and design decisions
- Communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders across Spotify
- Be a key partner in our work to build out our product strategy so that we are relevant in the daily lives of consumers
Who you are
- Relevant experience or a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative subject area
- Strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- Know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and impactful insights
- You enjoy sharpening questions and developing hypothesis for yourself and can think together with others while clarifying their assumptions and hypothesis
- Proficiency with Python, or similar programming languages
- Experience with Google BigQuery or proficiency in SQL
- Extensive experience using various analysis techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, significance testing, and statistical modeling
- A/B testing methodologies
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.