Locus Energy, a Genscape company, is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for its San Francisco location. In this role, you will:
- Perform research in order to develop new energy analytic techniques;
- Work closely with researchers and software engineers to invent, design, prototype and deploy revolutionary new technologies including solar production forecasting and the next generation of solar monitoring and management products;
- Analyze large amounts of real-time solar energy and weather data to derive original insight into what drives solar power production;
- Utilize statistical modeling, optimization, algorithm development to synthesize large data sets;
- Solve complex analytical problems through statistical, math and analytical abilities;
- Utilize programming such as R, SQL, Java and/or Scala to create data solutions;
- Provide coaching and feedback on the work of others; and
- Lead projects, work independently, and deliver high quality output.
Must have a Master's Degree in Engineering, Statistics or related field from a top-tier school, and two years of related experience. Required experience must include two years in the following skills:
- Writing SQL, Java, Scala, R, and Python code in a team-based environment with git source control and code reviews;
- Conducting sophisticated independent research and problem solving;
- Working with large data sets, predominantly time series data;
- Working on problems related to solar energy (e.g., solar PV system analysis, sunlight analysis, etc.);
- Working on Scala code to process complex satellite imagery data; and
- Working with neural networks and other machine learning techniques.
Pre-employment background check required. Please forward your cover letter, detailed resume and references to Genscape, Erica Boss, Senior Talent Acquisition and Development Specialist, 1710 29th St., Suite 2044, Boulder, CO 80301 or email same to [email protected] (REF: GEN-NR). You can also visit our LinkedIn Careers Page at linkedin.com/company/genscape-inc./careers. Only persons w/authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO.