The Data Science team at Lumosity works closely with our Product, Marketing and Science teams, leveraging the data from over 85 million users to build compelling product features, support robust product experimentation and analysis, and support our scientific efforts. We’re looking for a self-starter who has experience working cross-functionally to deliver product features and improvements using data.
You are a curious and ambitious full stack or backend engineer that wants to solve challenging problems of scale, payments, and developer productivity. You have the ability to quickly learn technology stacks and identify areas to improve the end user’s experience.
Read more about how Lumosity uses Data Science here!
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to develop new product features that leverage our database of over three billion gameplays to deliver insights to our users about their performance and findings from our database linking cognitive performance to other real world-measures.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of Lumos’ data on user behavior patterns and game engagement to drive and influence business strategies
- Build models to personalize and segment the Lumosity training experience and target product marketing efforts
- Work with our engineering teams to turn prototypes into production-grade models
- 5+ years of experience conducting statistical analyses on large datasets, including at least 2 years of industry experience, preferably at a product-driven technology company
- Fluency in Python, R or Julia
- Strong skills in statistics, probability and or machine learning including but not limited to (recommender system, generalized linear modeling, mixed effects, ensemble models…)
- Experience with SQL and relational database: Amazon Redshift Experience with Spark
- Great communication skills and strong advocate in deriving values out of data
- Worked collaboratively on analytical software development projects
- Great analytic skills and the ability to translate findings into actionable insights
NICE TO HAVE
- Background in quantitative and computational analyses of human cognition, neuroscience or other behavioral sciences
- Experience building and deploying production-grade statistical and machine learning models
- Specific experience modeling longitudinal data
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged
- Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO — take the time off when you need it
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice)
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights
- Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and Legos
- Team off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving)
- Company-wide Hackathons where top ideas are fast-tracked