The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a seasoned data scientist with significant experience in experimentation strategy to join the Personalization Platform team. They builds the models, tools, and data products that represent user taste, identity, behavior, discovery, and their relationships with content.
What You'll Do:
- Experimentation strategy including AB test design and analysis
- Online and offline evaluation strategy for the Personalization Platform team
- Success metrics development and implimentation
- Work cross functionally with other members of the Personalization insights team and platform product area
Who You Are:
- At least 3+ years of professional experience as a data scientist in related tech/consumer field
- You have a user-focused mentality. You understand the role and importance of qualitative methodologies and you can articulate this. This is a must.
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as R, Python, or Scala), experience with analytics and visualization tools ( SQL, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent)
- Significant experience working with a large datasets ecosystems
- Have strong mathematical and statistical understanding of experimentation and non experimentation-based attribution methodologies
- You’re a fantastic communicator and can work cross-functionally with business stakeholders.
- You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you.
- Work from our offices in New York
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.