The Senior Database Administrator will primarily be responsible for managing MYSQL and MS-SQL databases and its administration, involved with database designing and DB structure change management. This position also include data security, performance, daily monitoring of database, and assisting troubleshooting of data issues.
What you get to do
- Lead the maintenance, security, and operational execution of MySQL and SQL server databases,
- Incorporate and maintain multiple data inputs; both automated and manual
- Maintain database and corresponding data analysis tools licensing
- Application Metering
- Create and maintain a data storage plan for data backup, retention and recovery plan
- Maintain our databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity, security and performance
- Streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to metrics
- Generate and review documentation for all database changes or refinements
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Work with product and engineering in database design and upgrades
- 5+ years of experience supporting data management and database administration
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to deal with complex situations and collaborate effectively with internal and external personnel in order to provide fast and effective problem resolutions
- Leadership and project management, including managing/developing staff, promoting teamwork and encouraging innovative ideas.
- Strategic thinking and planning with operational execution excellence.
- Strong communication skills in e-mail, over the phone and in person are required
- Strong managerial, communication, problem-solving, collaboration and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum and User Stories
- Ability to maintain workload in a face past environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills
- Higher level critical thinking and problem solving appetite
Sequoia’s Culture – Our most important asset
- Passion for service
- Growth oriented
- Caring for others
Compensation & Benefits
Sequoia provides competitive compensation including base salary, performance based bonus programs, and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) matching and profit sharing programs.