Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB, Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams
We are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences, to scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital, contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
Tickets.com is looking for a Senior Database Administrator passionate about building engaging products for our fans.
The Opportunity: The Senior Database Administrator will join the Infrastructure team at Tickets.com while also working alongside MLB team members and be responsible for building and maintaining databases, tools, and services that support our technology, infrastructure, applications, and services across the Tickets.com and MLB organizations. With expert-level knowledge of Oracle as well as knowledge of alternate RDBMS and NoSQL options, the DBA will serve as a subject matter expert to technology and infrastructure teams, including software development teams and support teams.
Be part of a dynamic team that administers and manages complex database systems that are highly transactional and analytical. You will create, manage and monitor mission-critical databases that are core to our ticketing applications that provide, among many other functionalities, opportunities for patrons and fans to buy, manage, and access their tickets as well as reporting and financial data to our clients, parent company (MLB) and the business. In this role, you will be the primary on some of our most complex and mission-critical projects and issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Ensures availability, security, integrity, and recovery of assigned databases.
- Resolves database performance, capacity, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Installs and configures database management software (DBMS) and applicable service packs and/or patches.
- Develops and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization.
- Establishes regular backups (RMAN, snapshot, etc) of databases and archive logs.
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges.
- Schedules and manages jobs for data transfers and sundry procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience, including database administration, database programming experience, or combination of education, training, and experience.
- 7-10 years experience as a hands-on Senior Oracle database administrator.
- Experience in Oracle 19c, 18c, 12c, and 11g, database monitoring, management, and support
- Experience in Oracle operation support and management
- 7-10 years’ experience with the following Oracle products and options: Oracle RDBMS Enterprise Edition, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Exadata, Autonomous DB, Replication solutions such as Data Guard, Oracle Standby and Oracle Golden Gate, Multitenant, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Observer
- Experience with OLTP, OLAP, as well as PL/SQL code development and tuning
- Experience in Linux OS and shell scripting
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and analysis using AWR, ASH, wait analysis
- Strong ITIL principles are a plus.
- Capacity planning for all aspects of a database system (storage, computing, memory, etc.)
- Understanding of networking and connectivity and how it relates to a database environment.
- Ability to work non-standard shifts including nights and/or weekend on-call responsibilities
Key Technical Traits
- Database Solutions – Oracle, MYSQL, MSSQL, CloudSQL, NoSQL
- Cloud Providers: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Real-time log/event monitoring – Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Monitoring, SolarWinds, Splunk, SumoLogic, OpenTelemetry
- Scripting: PL/SQL, Shell
- Secured Access and control – Okta SSO and MFA, MS Active Directory, DataSafe, DBProtect
- Software Development tools – Jira, GIT, Jenkins, ArgoCD
- Compliance: PCI DSS, SSAE18/SOC 1
Pay Range: $130-170K
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday Break)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Hybrid Work Schedule
- MLB Tickets
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click here to view our CCPA.