At NextEV, we’re rethinking the future of vehicles and mobility to make this world a better place. As the UX/UI team, we’re at the core of it. We envision and craft unique experiences for our users, in the car and beyond it. We challenge conventions and believe design can move people.
We’re looking for a Senior Design Researcher who will help clarify and explain driver attitudes and behaviors and support the design of a transformational driving experience. You’ll be part of a team that will champion a user-centered design approach and shape a deeper understanding of customers for stakeholders throughout the enterprise. Your insights and product evaluations will serve as a foundation for UX/UI design development and new service eco-systems.
Due to the novelty of both the company and the role, you should be very comfortable venturing into the unknown. You’ll be part of a small, international, interdisciplinary UX design team in San Francisco.
● Develop and communicate a clear understanding of the driver and passenger experience
● Synthesize actionable insights that contribute meaningfully to the develop of interactions, experiences and services that support a transformational future driving experience
● Set a high standard for design research (including exploratory, qualitative design research; prototype testing and evaluation; and/or quantitative research approaches)
● Design, test and implement user research programs independently (including usability evaluations)
● Collaborate with a multidisciplinary user experience design team to design evaluation protocols for early-stage concepts
● Help shape a culture that embraces innovation
● 5+ years of experience as a Design Researcher, Design Strategist,
or Human Factors Specialist
● Demonstrated experience in qualitative research techniques
● Demonstrated experience in UI evaluation and testing
● Highly collaborative, self-motivated, and comfortable with ambiguity
● Exceptional verbal and written communication and storytelling skills
● Ability to inspire and empower teammates
● Portfolio required—include a link or PDF with your application
● Advanced degree in design, anthropology, or human factors
● Experience and demonstrated interest in automotive products or mobility services
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Design Researcher job post.✕