Casper is seeking a Design Strategist to join our product team. Our team is small, steadily growing, and very experienced. We spend a huge amount of time and effort to develop very considered and uniquely wonderful products and experiences. We’re looking for someone who is both deeply curious about human behavior and passionate about creating a better night’s sleep for everyone.
- Developing insight-driven strategies to guide the development of new products, services and experiences, as well as improving existing programs
- Lead design research and synthesis efforts from beginning to end: scoping, planning and logistics, recruiting (from within and beyond our highly-engaged customer base), facilitating research sessions (in-homes, group sessions, etc), leading synthesis and analysis, and forming clear, articulate recommendations that are grounded in user needs
- Capable of developing research plans and selecting methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, to understand people’s needs and behaviors around physical products, interactive experiences and retail environments
- Build frameworks and other visual tools to clearly communicate opportunities and strategic direction
- Seek out and develop new and interesting research tools, processes and methodologies
- Work closely with designers and engineers to translate insights from the field into actionable and inspiring design principles and guidelines, and mentor team members on best practices around design research processes
- Collaborate with our tech, marketing and retail teams to identify ways to improve the customer experience across all touch points: from the website, to our customer service, the design of our showrooms and pop-up stores
- Travel about 10-20% of time
- 5-8 years working in consulting or on an in-house design research team
- Empathy and passion for people, observing and interviewing them and representing the human perspective in design
- Project experience across various types of design, including physical products, services and environments. Experience on a team developing physical products is a must.
- Well versed and experience leading qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Detail oriented, highly creative, with a passion for design
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience translating insights into actionable design principles and opportunity areas, with products that have launched/gone to market
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in an anthropology, psychology, design planning or strategy (or related field) or equivalent experience or education
Casper (casper.com) is a sleep brand that launched in 2014 with one perfect mattress sold directly to consumers — eliminating commission-driven, inflated prices. Its award-winning sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?" sized box. A year and a half after launching the mattress, Casper expanded its universally comfortable product line, which now includes a perfect pillow and sheets.
The company is one of the fastest growing consumer brands of all time with more than 100 full-time employees, $100M in revenue for 2015, and 100,000 Casper owners. Casper was named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies in the World, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of Time's Best Inventions of 2015.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Fitness stipend
- Open vacation policy
- Lots of free food and unlimited naps!