The Senior Designer creates original and compelling branded design solutions - supporting CSD’s internal and external clients, including client web applications of marketing strategy with online and virtual implementation. The Senior Designer ensures CSD and client products and services are positively represented to the online community and that every visitor touchpoint is well-designed and reflects a commitment to best in class standards. The Senior Designer’s love for design includes the desire for deep understanding of customers and their needs and has the ability to solve complex problems.
- Supports the development of visually-compelling materials for both internal and external use. Collaborates with independent contractors, internal stakeholders and other points of contact to provide creative design and web work for use across multiple channels
- Creates and improves upon visual work generated for use with CSD Creative and internal/external clients including social media distribution; email blasts; print material; press releases; and other forms of collateral
- Supports, exchanges and cultivates ideas and visual works with coworkers, internal and external clients, and regularly meets production deadlines.
- Supports the collaboration with internal and external clients to produce/direct a variety of visual and web products for print, electronic / web-based, web format (HTML, CSS, JS and WordPress) and/or social media channels.
- Conducts meetings with staff to discuss visual design progress and to ensure project objectives are attained
- Gathers project requirements and organizes content from internal and external sources to produce high quality visual materials
- Clearly illustrates design concepts, iterating the concepts through all stages from initial roughs and proofs of concept to polished designs presented to internal and external clients
- Contacts vendors to gather, analyze and recommend competitive prices on best quality materials. Recommends appropriate vendors per project specifications.
- Executes design consistency through the creation and maintenance of style guides to support established standards across all digital mediums. This includes: site organization, page layout, navigation, style sheets, graphical elements, fonts, and color palette
- Develops and maintains in house web design standards (i.e. page template layouts and page content structure) that illustrates high quality user experience driven by established site conversion goals and key performance indicators
- Monitors quality of visual content and site analytics across all digital assets and looks for innovative strategies and technologies within digital design to drive an improved user experience
- Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design
- Translates business requirements into high impact site mockups with the ability to design wireframes to support website concepts, convert designs into working prototypes, and execute design through final implementation
- Supports video production in branding and visual needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Visual Communication, or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience
- Online portfolio showcasing creative design projects
- Five years of professional experience in graphic/web design
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.