Insidesource DEI Statement
By nurturing a culture where everyone experiences a deep sense of belonging and equity of opportunity, we will uphold our vision to “unleash human and business potential." We commit to being an anti-ism workplace and embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business.
Provide design services for Insidesource internal project team, end-user clients, A&D and external project partners including programming, space planning, product layouts, finish selections, product specifications, installation documents and/or inventory data for new and existing furniture. Ensure that accurate plans, specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high-quality project implementation are achieved for all assigned projects. Market focus is healthcare, architectural products, and life sciences (lab).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including but not limited to:
- Ability to work on large complex projects with accuracy and minimal errors.
- Participate in mentoring training and ongoing process improvement for the design department.
- Participation in running team meetings and project teams.
- Manage contract designers’ overall deliverables, accuracy and hours.
- Participate in bid development.
- Final spec checker for design and sales team.
- Participate in / Manage a Focus Group Committee.
- Plays a major role in the marketing of design services to clients, participating in major sales presentations as the representative of the Design Department.
- Evaluates design estimates and quotes done by department staff; ensures appropriate terms, price and scope are accurate on the contracts.
- Attend internal meetings, client meetings and construction meetings with account teams.
- Work with account teams to develop a clear understanding of scope of work.
- Participate in break out focus group committees.
- Provide accurate estimate of design hours required for specified scope of work.
- Track and record all project hours and account for revisions/change orders; communicate changes to account team.
- Prepares design estimates, quotes and contracts for billable design services.
- Take ownership and accountability for project deliverables.
- Program, Space Plan and Manage large complex clients with multiple locations.
- Perform research on product solutions and make recommendations.
- Obtain complete and accurate specification information from manufactures.
- Develop design packet including final product/finish selection for client review and approval.
- Assist Sales/NBD/Bid Team to define project design approach and furniture solutions for projects assigned by Design Supervisor.
- Work with Marketing Team to create design development tools in support of sales and business development activities.
- Provide complete drawings and detailed furniture specifications - from block plans to typical development through installation documentation and punch list completion.
- Create 3D drawings to finalize selections and obtain client approval.
- Create design binders and client standards binders as necessary.
- Coordinate outsourced resources as needed and required.
- Perform on-site architectural field verifications and update AutoCAD/CET floor plans as needed.
- Document inventory of existing furniture as required for project scope.
- Electrical placement based on furniture layouts and room types.
- Maintain current AutoCAD/CET backgrounds and update as needed.
- Workstations and building room numbering plans.
- Follow all formats for graphic standards as provided by Design Manager and Design Team standards.
- Provide team feedback on specification and product application.
- Obtain detailed information on project phasing to ensure that product arrives as required.
- Perform specification checking and assist Design team with double-checks for projects within the department.
- Review shop drawings from vendors to insure correct integration within project space and adherence to design intent prior to client review and approval.
- AutoCAD 2018 / CET experience required and CAP 2020 Worksheet preferred.
- Revit and BIM360 experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, web-support applications.
- Strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable healthcare and seismic codes for OSHPD and HCAI compliance.
- Knowledge of healthcare and laboratory planning methodologies, products, and textiles.
- Strong knowledge of workplace trends (aesthetic, ergonomics, technology integration, workplace culture, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of commercial furniture vendors, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature.
- Understanding of contract furniture processes, including specification development, order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (including grammar, spelling, and proof-reading).
- Demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for interior design, finishes, space planning and graphics.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate design development, activities with client and client’s project team. Ability to present using live design in person or over zoom type meeting.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and collaborative work environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal dealership sales, project management, account coordination, procurement and operations/installation groups, client, contractor and subcontractor trades, A&D firms, electricians and clients IT group, etc.
- Partner with Healthcare and Architectural Products Director, or Business Development Managers to respond to requests for information, pricing and/or services.
- BS/BA Degree required from a FIDER/CIDA accredited program.
- 10+ years interior design experience and/or furniture dealership experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NCIDQ or CIDA accreditation preferred.
- LEED or EDAC accreditation preferred.
Pay Range: $90 - 115k
The specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, and specific licensing or qualifications.