At Tradeshift, we are changing the way companies do business together. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for *people*. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement in all user stories from their inception. Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
A good deal of our engineering challenges arise from building products for business processes that require guaranteed transactional properties, while improving our extensible app platform to support these products, and growing our global business network to handle all of the transactions. Oh, and it must scale.
You will be responsible for contributing to the technical design, development and implementation of the Tradeshift platform. We believe in shipping code, and we have just enough process in place for everyone to remain productive. But we expect you to do more than just write production code.
How this role fits into the team:
You will be one of the go-to engineers on the team. You can chew through almost any technical problem (you can only solve the impossible problems partially), and you are an expert in server systems, including running them in production - i.e. how to design systems that don’t fall down. You also enjoy thinking about how to build extensible systems, as that’s a key aspect of platform development.
You will work with other members of the team on creating the complete offering - your job is not just to write code but to create a great experience for Tradeshift’s platform partners. Many results of your labor will be used internally at Tradeshift as well, as we use the same tools that we make available for external developers internally.
As we described above, we do not care a whole lot about specific skills, but it would be difficult to ask someone to join Tradeshift if they were not an expert in a few of these areas. For this role, we emphasize the technical skills, especially around great architecture and software design, as well as designing robust distributed systems.
- Platform Architecture and development
- Experience integrating with other systems
- Designing extensible systems
- Distributed Systems and Service Oriented Architecture
- API design and operations
- Front End Development, including node.js
- Backend Development — Java, Groovy, Scala, node.js
- Unit and functional test writing
- Experience operating production environments
- (Optional) — Docker, Consul, Terraform, Puppet
- Writing documentation
- Working with clients or partners- people with consulting backgrounds or who have worked with third party partners
- Creating developer samples and sample apps
- Training, light-weight such as webinars, etc.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Domain expertise in supply chain management and / or social networks
- Light-weight project management
What we Offer:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch and snacks provided daily from local NY eateries
- Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability
- Volunteer program
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more
This job has been filled or removed by Tradeshift.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Developer - Application Platform job post.✕