Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and talent to spark both innovation and positive social change? Symend is a rapidly growing fintech company that combines behavioral science with advanced AI, data, and analytics capabilities to enable companies to engage at-risk customers more effectively and humanely. By creating better ways to approach individuals with empathy and dignity at the time when they need it most, Symend’s employees are helping to transform the science of customer engagement and improve lives in North America and around the world.
- At Symend, we’re expanding and looking for a Senior Developer to join our talented and results oriented team.
- What do we mean by results oriented? You'll work closely with clients to understand not only what they want but what they need and help them solve some big and interesting problems.
- You are someone who likes solving interesting problems with a team. You love to get at the root of a problem and work with others to create great outcomes and have a strong desire to learn. In fact, you’re the first to rattle off which Rails video or Blog would help your coworkers.
- You can speak to language best practices, understand that starting is as important as finishing, know the difference between simple and easy, have a strong understanding of classes and mix-ins, and know the advantages and trade-offs between closure/blocks and delegates. You’re also diligent about meeting allocated budgets and can work within time constraints, but you will never sacrifice quality.
- On top of this, you are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders, clients, team members and various levels of management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, program and test software
- Author and maintain relevant documentation for developers, clients and users
- Develop and refine prototypes to confirm requirements
- Program according to project plans (versions, sprints)
- Lead release and post-release activities, such as support, versioning and maintenance
- Collaborate with our designers to create interfaces
- Peer review other team members’ code, and learn and adapt from peer review of your own code
- Support sales and project managers with technical insights, leading to the creation of budgets and schedules for projects
What You'll Need
- 7+ of delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- High level of working knowledge with C#, .NET, SQLServer
- Working knowledge with NoSQL and serverless architectures a plus would be considered an asset
- Experience with DevOps would be considered an asset
- Experience breaking down user problems into stories and solutions
- Experience working on iterative projects with continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Hands-on development experience or full understanding of mobile and service development pipeline and process
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
All positions require background screening. This will include criminal and education checks to comply with regulations.
Ready to do something big?
Send us your resume and tell us why you’d be a fit for Symend.
Symend’s digital engagement platform uses behavioral science and data-driven insights to empower customers to resolve past due bills. Leveraging advanced analytics, Symend provides enterprise clients deep understanding into consumer behavior to engage millions of customers. Symend continuously optimizes these insights and empathetically nudges customers towards a desired action with personalized communications, self-serve tools and flexible repayment options.
Symend’s relationship-based approach keeps enterprises attuned to the changing needs of their customers and empowers them to take action. This increases customer satisfaction, lowers operating costs, and helps resolve past due bills before reaching collections.
Founded in 2016, Symend’s platform is purpose built to serve complex global enterprises in telecommunications, financial services, utilities and media. Symend is headquartered in Calgary and privately held, with global operations across Canada, the United States, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Symend: The science of engagement.™