If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
We’re looking for experienced engineers with a passion for tackling big problems. Our veteran team chews through problems like Pac Man on diet cheat day. We need a DevOps guru that can help innovate new cloud solutions for the Carvana.com platform. The ideal candidate for this position will bring the processes, tool mastery, and experience needed to help us get fresh bits in front of our users as quickly as possible. You know that CI/CD is only half of the battle and being proactive and developing long-term solutions helps win the war. You bring discipline and care to implementation practices. You have a desire to tinker until it's reliable, robust, and performant. You are looking for opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers and are genuinely excited to constructively participate. We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
What you’ll be doing
Work with Carvana Engineering staff to support and implement tools, practices, policies, and standards that will:
- Enrich the development lifecycle, increase velocity, and improve quality in an organic and seamless way.
- Promote the efficiency, frequency, and reliability of our software deployments through the use of CI/CD pipelines, multi-region deployments, canary deployments, automatic failover, and so on.
- The team works smarter, not harder, so automation is at the core of everything we do .
- Introduce mechanisms to proactively mitigate risks associated with software deployments and reactively correct deployment errors efficiently.
- Monitor production infrastructure, on-prem and in the cloud, in order to proactively address systemic failures as efficiently as possible.
- Be continuously learning in and outside of work to keep up with the latest DevOps tools and processes.
What you should know
- 5+ years of experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies.
- Should be experienced with PowerShell, Bash, GoLang.
- Should have a strong understanding of deployment, maintenance, and administration tasks related to Azure, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Should have some familiarity with monitoring and log management tools and services such as Splunk, AppDynamics, AppInsights, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Should have a strong understanding of all things networking including DNS, Virtual Networks, WAF, and VPN.
- Should have a strong understanding of infrastructure as code (ARM, Terraform).
- Should have an understanding of network and platform security strategies, algorithms, and implementation practices.
- Should understand certificates and encryption on the internet as well as key vault technologies.
- Should be proficient with Linux and Windows.
- Strong root cause analysis, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Carvana engineers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor.
It would be great if you also had exposure to
- Azure Certification
- Understanding of build and deployment platforms, tools, and services such as Azure DevOps (VSTS), MSBuild, Maven, Gradle, GO, Visual Studio, and Git.
- C#, Java, Python
- Dependency Management (Nexus, Artifactory)
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.