Keywords Studios is currently looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. The system engineering team is responsible for designing both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure.
Following industry best-practices and security standards, the team is also responsible for the documentation of technical standards and policies for use by other Keywords Studios technical teams.
The DevOps Engineer will essentially be working for our Create business unit. These are teams that consist of game developers and game artists.
The DevOps Engineer will primarily service internal and external clients’ needs but will also be central in driving colleagues towards automation. Encouraging and pushing towards less and less manual work.
We are looking for someone naturally curious, who loves technology and enjoys growing in a dynamic, eclectic, and international team.
- Translate client requirements and needs into actionable work for the production teams.
- Support global and internal dev teams with automation within cloud-based systems (AWS/Azure).
- Roll-out fixes, software upgrades and maintenance as required.
- Build tools to help reduce the occurrence of issues and errors.
- Generally, improve user experience (for both internal and external clients).
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Collect and review end user feedback. Suggest alterations to workflows and systems, to enhance productivity, efficiency, and success.
- Research and pitch ideas for projects, based on new technological opportunities.
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, an adjacent field, or relevant industry experience.
- 10 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages:
- PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go etc.
- Experience using an array of automation and versioning tools:
- e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- e.g, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Circle CI, Travis, etc.
- e.g., GitLab, GitHub, SVN, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, Hyper V, KVM/QEMU)
- Experience in cloud-based environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Have collaborative abilities and be a team player with high-level communication.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.
- Strong English (both written and spoken) is a must have.
Preferred skills and experience
- Prior experience in software/web service development.
- Comfortable working with on-premises infrastructure.
- Experience in cloud migration considered favorably.
- Experience with Active Directory considered favorably.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fun working environment
- Working with the biggest names in the gaming industry