Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 35% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office and hybrid employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with in-office perks and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Bullhorn is looking for a Devops Engineer to join our Technology teams within our Specialized Businesses Unit division. This role would form part of a new team, focused on Reliability Engineering for one of the Bullhorn products, with a customer-first mantra of stabilization and optimization. We are looking for a passionate builder who is excited about improving the lives of our customers, our developers, and our operational teams.
As a DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Building and maintaining pipelines and tools to deploy Bullhorn software in a safe and consistent manner
- Creating and improving monitoring and alerting tools to proactively address system issues
- Collaborating with a team of engineers and architects to find ways to automate and improve various business processes
- Creating tools to automate the deployment and configuration of virtual servers and new development environments
- Busting through various barriers and impediments to the productivity of our teams with new automation and administrative tools
This job might be for you if:
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or are confident enough in your abilities to earn your place here.
- You have 3+ years of experience designing and building utilities that make software development and monitoring easier.
- You have experience in creating CI/CD pipelines for building software, running automated tests and deploying software.
- You’re comfortable working with Kubernetes, Docker, or similar container management solutions.
- You have experience working with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Hosted solutions.
- You have a high degree of knowledge around software development and operations, and are able to improve team effectiveness. (and you’re comfortable collaborating with those engineers to learn more about how to help them)
- You are equally comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments.
- You have a solid base of knowledge in networking, storage, and virtualization technologies.
- You’re familiar with automation tools like Jenkins, Gitlab, Octopus etc.
- You have experience interacting with REST APIs
- You have a passion for continuous improvement and for finding better designs for software and data.
- You’re comfortable setting up and using performance monitoring and diagnostic tools (ELK, Prometheus, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with other technologies, such as
*Web Technologies: Angular 2+, React
*Mobile Technologies: React Native, iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin)
*Automation Tooling: Selenium, Gatling
*Event Driven Architectures: Kafka, RabbitMQ etc
*Confidence with SQL Databases, and open source technologies
- Expertise in security solutions and best practices.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Bullhorn is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, or belief, gender or sexual orientation.