Senior DevOps Engineer Job Description
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, monitoring and securing our CI/CD Pipeline. In addition, part of the job will include devops like tooling, automation of process and techniques. You will also be given the opportunity to help refactor and integrate existing architecture for greater automation. Large scale administration of Linux servers and knowledge of AWS products like EC2 or EKS/ECS is mandatory for the position.
- BA/BS in computer science or similar
Must have been involved in building and operating a DevOps CI/CD Pipeline
- 5+ years of DevOps and/or build, release & rollback experience including delivery to production
- Deep understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- 3-5 years managing monitor and report systems, and building observability dashboards on application and server performance and scalability issues (examples: SignalFX, New Relic, or other operations monitoring tools)
- Centralized logging experience with Sumologic or similar products
- Understanding of security best practices, SOC 2 Type 2, SANS 20
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
Experience writing build automation using Python (object oriented), Terraform, Unix Shell (bash,ksh)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Developed code for extensive test coverage, performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment.
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Ability to provide after-hours support as needed for emergency or urgent situations
- Proficient with container based products like docker and kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work in a team and be a team player
- Knowledge of Drupal, MySQL, Apache and other open source software