The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for building, extending, and operating our evolving AWS platform. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, mentor other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization. They should have experience operating one or more web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails and running asynchronous workloads.
What you'll do:
Our stack is an entirely cloud-based SaaS platform, primarily built on Django / Python, using Ansible and CloudFormation.
- Help us build our Continuous Delivery pipeline with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability
- Provide recommendations, guidance, and best practices for use of AWS and other emerging technologies
- Able to collaborate with members of the entire team (e.g developers, QA, product, etc…)
- Configure, deploy, and run our SaaS platform based on Open Source Software
Who you are:
- Demonstrated leadership as a mentor or team lead
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
- Experience working with configuration management and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Expertise with AWS computing and previous experience with operating services in production
- Strong technical foundation in several of the following technologies (or equivalent):
Web frameworks: e.g. Django
Asynchronous work loads: e.g. Celery
Cloud Computing: AWS
Virtualization: Vagrant, VirtualBox
Infrastructure as Code: e.g. CloudFormation
Configuration management: e.g. Ansible
Build and packaging tools: Wheel, Pip, Make
Continuous integration tools: CodeBuild, Jenkins, Travis CI
Continuous delivery tools: e.g. CodePipeline
SCM tools: Git
Scripting languages: Shell, Python
Monitoring tools: NewRelic, CloudWatch
Databases: MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery
Why you'll love us:
- You can’t beat the location. Located in one of NYC’s prime neighborhoods, gaze at the magnificent Statue of Liberty from our conference rooms, then stroll across the street into gorgeous Battery Park to walk, jog or bike.
- We know how to let loose. Between our summer outings, frequent happy hours, and charity bowl-a-thons, it’s no wonder our team actually enjoys spending time together.
- It’s easy to get here. Whether you’re commuting from Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, Midtown, or Brooklyn, no shortage of trains and buses head in our direction. And we offer public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- Did someone say food? Bagels, cream cheese and peanut butter, fresh fruit and produce delivered weekly...our pantry is so stocked, you’ll think you’re at your mom’s house.
- Love to travel? Our team members can avail themselves of our corporate discount rates when traveling on personal vacations. So go ahead, start planning that dream trip!
We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!