OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
The Engineering Operations (EngOps) team is a foundational team in OpenGov’s R&D organization. (See R&D at OpenGov
) With a broad charter that spans operating OpenGov’s cloud infrastructure, DevOps, SRE, Security, and Quality/Release/Support workflows, among others, it serves as a foundation on which all other OpenGov products are built, tested, released, deployed, and operated in a uniform and consistent manner.
EngOps is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly scalable and secure solutions on public cloud using open source and other industry-standard software components (see EngOps Tech Stack
), in a setting that is fast-paced and agile. Our customers are internal to the organization. We make architectural decisions in close collaboration with them and then iterate quickly to provide high quality platforms and solutions. A high degree of freedom and responsibility is second nature to us.
Also see the following articles for the work that this team has been doing and where it is headed:
• Building software for and managing highly available cloud infrastructure for continuous integration, automated software releases, infrastructure automation, and monitoring.
• Operating Kubernetes and Docker in production on a public cloud.
• Building and operating services that are foundational to the product architecture in terms of usage across multiple products, such as Kafka, Authorization/Authentication, and MongoDB.
• Building and operating software delivery, process automation, testing, and other tools to improve developer velocity and fuel engineering innovation.
• Leading deployment aspects related to networking (e.g. load balancing), security (e.g. TLS termination, secrets management), and scalability.
• Supporting, troubleshooting, and monitoring of production systems, including optimization to their performance, scale, utilization, and costs.
• Ensuring compliance with security frameworks such as NIST and FedRAMP
• Experience running Kubernetes at scale and in production on public clouds, preferably with both Linux and Windows workloads
• Experience with AWS, Azure and their APIs
• Development and administration experience on Linux environment with distributions like Debian and Ubuntu
• Programming skills in languages like Java/Python/Ruby/Go/C/C++
• Demonstrable experience in creating high-performance and highly scalable services
• Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTTP, TLS, and REST and services such as Nginx and HAProxy
• Experience with tooling and systems for build, infrastructure automation, and monitoring, such as Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Datadog, and Sumologic
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols and security principles at all layers of the stack from networking to applications
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exhibits good balance between strategic direction and tactical execution
• Has a strong orientation towards delivering results incrementally
• Experience: Minimum 7 years industry experience with 5 years as a DevOps engineer in SaaS companies
• Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
What makes OpenGov unique
CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Double growth with 2,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!