As a Tanium Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be designing and managing systems, tools, and infrastructure to enable the entire engineering org to deliver code to our customers consistently, rapidly, safely, and reliably.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside a cross-functional engineering team to develop the next generation pipeline to build, release, and test Tanium products and services
- Support existing efforts to deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Work with product security teams to build tools to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Design systems that effectively monitor critical infrastructure, plan for future needs, and rapidly respond to incidents
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Plan, execute, and support scheduled major improvements to our infrastructure
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience.
- CS Degree preferred.
- You have at least three years of experience in a software development, DevOps, or SRE role
- You have at least three years of experience managing cloud-based services with AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have a deep understanding of networking, with the ability to build and maintain complex networks
- You have a proven track record of designing and building commercial software products in an Agile environment
- You are comfortable writing software to automate API-driven tasks at scale
- You have used Ansible, Puppet, Chef or another config management suite, know where it's broken, and are open to trying new alternatives
- You have experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools (Git, Jenkins, JIRA)
- You have experience with virtualization technologies (VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion, vCenter)
- You have experience managing cloud based infrastructure using infrastructure as code methodologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Terraform, Packer)
- You have experience with on-premise to cloud migration
- You have experience managing metrics gathering and reporting systems (Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB)
- Believes in the power of test and process automation
- Deliberate and demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development and long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Skilled debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments
- Relentless desire to automate and build software tools
- Have a customer-centric work approach to drive positive experiences for Tanium customers
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote work setting
- Motivated self-starter
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.