- Ensures Gocompare.com Infrastructure services are available to customers in line with SLAs.
- Work with Tech Leaders to provide technical and architectural support for the GoCompare Production estate, primarily the hybrid environment’s data centres and cloud tenancies, enforcing standards for maintenance, support, and continuous improvement.
- As an exemplar of best practice, you will enable TechOps to deliver the highest quality solutions in support of key business and technical initiatives.
- Your technical authority and mentoring will be a valuable resource for the wider Tech community as you support the multi-functional teams of our Tech department and key partners/stakeholders.
- To represent the TechOps team as ‘deputy’ to the TechOps Manager where required – Specifically to provide support on production incidents and customer impacting decisions.
- Be an approachable member of the department with a can-do positive attitude to provide stability and continuity in all situations.
- Become part of an active on-call roster to deliver 24x7 consistent support to GoCompare, and invoke business DR / continuity plans if required.
- Work with the TechOps Manager and key Tech leaders to convert the Business and Tech strategies into appropriate solutions.
- Drive the sharing of best practice and learning throughout the business and Tech with a strong focus on CI/CD.
- Be a key facilitator of technical discussions across Teams and Departments within the group.
- Participate in and, where required, lead discussions within the tech communities.
- Explore opportunities opened up by new technology innovations as they become available, presenting and discussing these via the Tech community forums and communication channels.
- Robust and thorough approach to, and promotion of, monitoring and alerting solutions to suit the business requirements for critical and key systems and customer interfaces.
- Particular focus on harnessing the power, flexibility and cost savings of cloud services and supporting technologies.
- Promote an agile working approach to change and problem solving within TechOps and Tech.
- Develop and maintain a strong technical relationship with key technical partners and upstream providers.
- Lead live service deployments to ensure a smooth transition from development to production.
- Support the TechOps manager setting roadmaps and strategy for the team.
- Act as the linkage between squads and the rest of the Tech teams; ensuring teams are brought together when needed.
- Liaises with Tech leaders and engineers on emerging technology, tools and methodology.
- Works with Senior Engineers from the wider Tech team to ensure alignment and cross-team engagement, and ensuring solutions are fit for purpose meeting key TechOps criteria.
- Liaises and collaborates with external partners and suppliers – such as Microsoft and Rackspace - to ensure end-to-end visibility and understanding of the management and maintenance of our environments.
- Engaging with governance teams (Legal & Compliance, InfoSec & DPO) when appropriate, ensuring all regulations and policies are adhered to and promoted at all times.
- Work with ITSM functions ensuring system stability, change awareness, incident and problem management.
- Providing non-tech business functions with subject matter expertise on internal processes and technical solution analysis when required.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a tech support role for a web-based or financial services company (3+ years).
- Knowledge, troubleshooting, investigative and analytical skills in a Microsoft tech stack (Azure, VS, TFS/VSTS/ADO, IIS, MSMQ, MSDTC, .Net, MS SQL, MS Server, Powershell).
- Experience with PowerShell and methods of automation such as Runbooks / Powershell DSC, employing CI/CD principals for release automation of both code and configuration elements.
- A working understanding of networking principles and their associated functioning elements such as Cloud WAFs, Datacenter Firewalls and Load balancers.
- Strong diagnosis skills - be able to analyse an evolving incident and identify problems or attacks, and provide meaningful data to support teams.
- Working knowledge of containerisation (Docker / Web Apps for containers) and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes / AKS.
- Strong ability, interest and a willingness to articulate complex architectures to technical and non-technical audiences, documenting solutions and training operational teams on supportability.
- Experience of tackling high-profile architectural solutions in Microsoft based, public clouds. Working within the context of our API strategies and enterprise-level data and service security.
- Solid understanding and experience of implementing/maintaining network/security technologies in a complex environment, and supporting associated pentesting exercises.
- Extensive understanding of web performance metrics and how to improve them through identification, benchmarking and refinement.
- Deep understanding of ITIL processes - of Incident, Problem and Change Management in a tech support context.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise hardware and software, Virtualized Environments (Hyper-V / VMWare ESX) and their supporting toolsets.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.