As a Senior DevOps at Jumio, You should be strong in both the Dev and Ops part of DevOps. We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of systems architecture, understands core CS concepts well, and is able to reason about system behavior rather than merely working with the toolset of the day. We believe that only such a person will be able to set a compelling direction for the team and excite those around them.
If you are someone who fits the description above, you will find that the rewards are well worth the high bar. Being one of the early hires of the Bangalore office, you will have a significant impact on the culture and the team; you will work with a set of energetic and hungry peers who will challenge you, and you will have considerable international exposure and opportunity for impact across departments.
- Deployment, management, and administration of web services in a public cloud environment
- Design and develop solutions for deploying highly secure, highly available, performant and scalable services in elastically provisioned environments
- Design and develop continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions from development through production
- Own all operational aspects of running web services including automation, monitoring and alerting, reliability and performance
- Have direct impact on running a business by thinking about innovative solutions to operational problems
- Drive solutions and communication for production impacting incidents
- Running technical projects and being responsible for project-level deliveries
- Partner well with engineering and business teams across continents
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3 - 7 years professional experience in DevOps, with at least 1/2 years in Linux / Unix
- Very strong in core CS concepts around operating systems, networks , TCP/IP, HTTP
Development Experience on java/Ruby/python/bash
- Deep experience administering, running and deploying AWS based services
- Solid experience with Terraform and Docker
- Knowledge of security protocols and certificate infrastructure.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Broad experience with cloud hosted applications including virtualization platforms, relational and non relational data stores, reverse proxies, and orchestration platforms
- Curiosity, continuous learning and drive to continually raise the bar
- Strong partnering and communication skills
- Past experience as a senior developer or application architect strongly preferred.
- Experience building continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- DBA experience with PostgresQL DB, Redis, S3, DynamoDB, encryption (AWS KMS).
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
Good Experience monitoring with Datadog, OpsGenie, Grafana, InfluxDB, telegraf
- Experience working with, and preferably designing, a system compliant to any security framework (PCI DSS, ISO 27000, HIPPA, SOC 2)
- Experience with ingress-/egress-routing (AWS loadbalancer, haproxy, WAF, Squid, certificate management )
Key Characteristics and Attitudes
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumio in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Our newest office, Jumio is next to Walmart Labs in Helios Business Park and growing fast. A hub of technical excellence with Machine Learning enablement at its core the engineers and team are committed to learning and innovation. They set the bar high. In a recent culture survey, these attributes were rated particularly highly in Jumio’s Indian offices.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest-growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.